Scared.... new problem with my mp3...

Razhael

well, it started last night, i guess im the only one since nobody here has mentioned the stuff, but im getting some kind of noise (vibration in the clutch) when taking off the clutch in 1st, something like 2 taps, @ first i thought it was the clutch, but if i put the car in strain for the front shocks, i will get the same noise and vibration, no matter if im clutching or not... if i get a smooth launch theres no noise, so i dont know if this is related to my CAI, or could it be that the front shocks decided to become as noisy as the rear ones? :( help please, i would appreciate any opinion.

You have the MHP right???

Check the rubber sleeve around the CAI where it passed the master cylinder. The CAI rubbs on the Master cylinder and this rubber piece getts pushed down the CAI and no longer protects the Master Cylinder from hitting the CAI, especially when starting off in 1st because the engine torque its self. I am trying to figure out a way to solve this problem, That rubber sleeve stretches and slides down the pipe. This happens all the time on mine.

I will let you know if I think of a way to prevent this.

Tim

Hi Razhael, in that pic, notice there are two yellow sleeves near the srut tower bar? The topmost one is connecting the intake tube to the throttle body. The next one, which is just a strip of yellow a couple inches from the first one...that one's the sleeve to protect the tube from rubbing against the master cylinder.

The master cylinder is that thing in the pic between the battery and the tube...see the grey metallic object with a tiny thin tube coming out the top of it?

That's what the intake tube vibrates against when your engine shifts around in the engine bay (ie low revs, shifting).

Don't worry, I used to get the ticking noise too until I adjusted the tube so that it no longer touches the master cylinder. Also, readjusting the yellow sleeve into position may help. I forgot who it was on this forum, but someone suggested glueing the sleeve onto the tube so it doesn't move out of position. Good luxk!

yep, seems like that was the problem, now i need to find some kind of super glue thingy to fix it for good!

I paid $300 US for the MHP CAI...yeah I know it's pricey, but I really liked to carbon look (and 4 hp to the wheels isn't too bad).

They sell it for slightly more now (I think $330) but I got it slightly cheaper coz they had given me a lower quote way back when they were just developing the CAI for our car, so they honored it.

Latest posts

Back