help! my system....

Mz3_4u2nv

:
Mazda 3s 5 door, black mica
heres the problem... i installed my 12w7 sub and an alpine amp to the stock deck. the problem is, when i turn up the volume to about 17, the music and sub start to break. the sound is on and off. i think it might be the connection of the l.o.c. or perhaps my battery isnt strong enough for this sub. what do you guys think? thanks.

yeah they do, slightly. anothing i was just thinking about. i connected the right front and rear wires together with the loc wires and the same for the left. could this be causing the problem? i was thinking about maybe reconnecting the rears and just connecting the fronts with the loc. what do you guys think? thanks again.

i mean like it will sound like there is something wrong with the cd but i know theres not. if that helps, its kinda hard to explain.

so kind of like a crackling sound? if thats what it is check your connections over and make sure they are all solid.

Mz3_4u2nv said:
yeah they do, slightly. anothing i was just thinking about. i connected the right front and rear wires together with the loc wires and the same for the left. could this be causing the problem? i was thinking about maybe reconnecting the rears and just connecting the fronts with the loc. what do you guys think? thanks again.
Yes... you can't do that.
The right front and right rear channels are indipendant. You should NOT connect them together.

This will likely solve your problem.

Connect only one left and one right channel to your LOC.

thanks

yeah you guys were right. i ended up connecting just the fronts to the loc. but now i have a new problem, the radio dont work. the sub is perfectly fine but all i hear when i listen to the radio is static. anything would help at this point. thanks again guys.

Mz3_4u2nv said:
yeah you guys were right. i ended up connecting just the fronts to the loc. but now i have a new problem, the radio dont work. the sub is perfectly fine but all i hear when i listen to the radio is static. anything would help at this point. thanks again guys.
I connected my sub to the rear channel. Seems like the correct orientation but I could be wrong.

yeap i am an idiot

yeah i forgot to plug in the antenna. thanks mobo. yeah i was thinking about connecting the loc to the rears but its plays perfectly fine being connected to the fronts. but yeah thanks guys it really helped.

I also connected mine to the rear channel and havne't had any problems thus far. I still got the boom boom in the zoom zoom.

Back