MSP's at Auto Alliance, Michigan

andr3w

For anyone that's left hangin on....

During my lunch break I drove down to Auto Alliance in Flat Rock, Michigan (about 15 minutes from where I work). Drove around the many accessible areas looking for MSP's. I then saw dozens of Mazda 6's being driven off the campus and being parked one block away so I followed them and lo and behold parked behind one of the MNAO buildings I saw the glint of an orange MSP. Ironically it was the Quality Reasearch building but I think the MSP's I saw were simply in the "to be shipped" area along with the new 6's.

From the road (an industrial drive off Veerland Rd one block from the 75, north of the AAI campus) I could see only a couple orange, among the thousands of cars in what must be a 20 acre parking lot, but I did see dozens of black MSP's complete with spoilers all lined up in a row. The Orange is very metallic and stands out like a sore thumb, not as bright as yellow but more unique for sure. The black MSP's looked very nice too, very menacing!

I will try and return next week (no promises) with my digital camera but don't expect the best since the cars are some distance from the road.

At least I have seen them now and figure it is worth waiting even though we down to the family van since I did not want to extend my lease on my Audi.

cheers
Andrew

Here's some pics I took today, 12/1/02 at Auto Alliance. you can see 4 or 5 of the orange ones pretty good ... one fo them should be in my driveway! :)

pics

pic 1

Attachments

• page0001.jpg
    page0001.jpg
    138.7 KB · Views: 372
pics

pic 2

I *thought* I took some of the black ones, but they look more like regular Protege's the more I look at the pics. There were some there, tho.

Attachments

• page0002.jpg
    page0002.jpg
    141.1 KB · Views: 348
Without the spoiler they don't have the uniqueness.

Looks good and similar to what digi168 has been posting from B.C ports. The 1st picture looks like digi168 taking delivery of his car with the white sheets still covered.

chicken

Maybe tomorrow I'll be a bit braver and get out of the car and see if I can get some pics that show the bottom, too, so we can see if they're complete.

maybe for our next raffle we should raffle of photography lessons :)

jk, nice pics! keep em comin! we have to live vicariously through digital images....sad but true...

and i think those are black MSPs in the distance, they really looks like 5 spoke 17"s like the orange ones next to em

Those black ones are all Mazdaspeed Proteges. Some of them have the spoilers, all seem to have the wheels. Also, there's no other reason for any Proteges to be at AAI.

There were a bunch of regular Protege's in other lots (you can tell by the colors) as well as many 6's. Some of the 6's were already loaded onto car carriers, but no MSP's.

AAI is a staging area for Mazda and Ford in the mid-west so you see the entire Mazda range as well as many non-AAI manufactured Fords. Since 2/3rds of Mazda is foreign owned Ford even gets some tax advantages for leaving cars there.

There were other Proteges but I definately saw a whole line of black MSP's, they even had the rear spoiler in place and the wheels are a dead giveaway. I had to drive into a MNAO employee lot off Veerland to see them.

cheers

Andrew

has anyone or can anyone who lives close to auto alliance in flat rock MI, give us an update on any activity with the msp's. Are the being shipped or still just sitting at auto alliance. Still hoping for positive news.

still there

Stopped by AAI this afternoon. Saw 4 orange MSP's, and about 15 black ones. The orange ones don't seem to have moved since my last visit, but there were noticeably more black ones.

just an fyi

Back