Need Help! Suspension Poll

Which spring set?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Jake1

:
Mazda3s
What are you guys going with/ what would you recommed? H&R? MAZDASPEED? Eibach? Other? Just thought I'd see what other people are planning on doing. Thanks.

Jake1 said:
What are you guys going with/ what would you recommed? H&R? MAZDASPEED? Eibach? Other? Just thought I'd see what other people are planning on doing. Thanks.
I have H&R and are very pleased with them. A firmer ride but not harsh. Good drop of 1.5" and great handling. These springs are not progressive.

Attachments

• axcela_front.jpg
    axcela_front.jpg
    47.6 KB · Views: 136
  • axcela_rear1.jpg
    axcela_rear1.jpg
    46.3 KB · Views: 145
  • axcela_side.jpg
    axcela_side.jpg
    56.4 KB · Views: 162
Shibaman: Any problems with hitting the ground when driving, potholes, driveways etc?

I'm considering springs, but the 3 already rides so low ... it's a tough decision.

Badger Biker said:
I'm considering springs, but the 3 already rides so low ... it's a tough decision.

It may ride low overall, but damn those seats are high, its like riding in a minivan...(exaggeration).

I'm currently leaning towards the Mazdaspeed coilovers, I'm going to try to maintain some warranty coverage on my car, and the nice thing is that I can adjust my ride height for summer/winter (a big consideration for those Canadian winters!)

I just got back from the shop and now have the radical Sportline drop...and it's saaweeet!!

536466_31_full.jpg

Badger Biker said:
Shibaman: Any problems with hitting the ground when driving, potholes, driveways etc?

The parking curbs will hit the front lip under the spoiler. I can scrape the same area on some drive ways if I an not carefull. The front sits lower the the Vibe did. The guys at the muffler shop had a hard time getting it on and off the lift. During hard driving it has never rubbed. I am very pleased with the handling and ride on these springs compared to the Hotchkis on the Vibe. All the mods on the Vibe and the Mazda out handled it as oem!

rbmazda3 said:
I just got back from the shop and now have the radical Sportline drop...and it's saaweeet!!

536466_31_full.jpg
The car looks great dropped. What is the drop (actual) on the sportline? The H&R is supposed to be 1.2" but it was 1.5".

I'm looking at the D2 Coilovers right now as there are harsh winters in Nebraska also and I would like to be able to get around during the winter but drop it when it gets nice out again.

After thinking more about it, I think I'm either gonna get coilovers (when I can eventually cough up enough cash) or the Mazdaspeed springs. Only 15mm drop over stock, but there's the factory warranty coverage and better handling. I dunno if I wanna risk slamming it like some of you guys have & not be able to get around in the winter. I already got stuck a few times this past winter, so if it was any lower it might me a nightmare! Thanks everyone for your input!

Back