What do these front CX-5 sensors do?

Anyone know what function these front sensors perform? I thought they were parking sensors but they don't beep and the infotainment unit doesn't show a gauge/bars for the front....only for the rear. I do notice there's only 2 sensors in the front but the rear bumper has 4 sensors.

Attachments

• CX-5.jpg
    CX-5.jpg
    18.3 KB · Views: 55
On my 2020, they are parking sensors, and I have 4 in front. Well, 3 now, as some highway debris knocked one out on my recent road trip...

Sorry, @FlipFlipnz, both the replies above seem to have ignored the statements in your original post. However, I have to agree with them that the ones in your pic DO look like parking sensors. Is that a pic of your actual car, because it looks like a stock picture. Perhaps you can post one of your actual car?

maybe those work with that nanny stuff that beeps if it thinks you're about to hit another car if you change lanes too close?

Sorry, @FlipFlipnz, both the replies above seem to have ignored the statements in your original post. However, I have to agree with them that the ones in your pic DO look like parking sensors. Is that a pic of your actual car, because it looks like a stock picture. Perhaps you can post one of your actual car?
I beg to differ. His post starts with a question. I simply tried to answer his question

To OP:
The front sensor is supposed to be activated when...
a. speed is low
b. foot is on brake
Check the MID (display) to see if someone turned it off.

Latest posts

Back