Requesting a Tune for the Standback.

Again $600 is WAY too much you are getting ripped off, especially if it's a Speed6.

If it takes more then 2 hours then that person is an incompetent fool.

Mine was done on a Dynapack, in just over an hour. And this was the first time the tuner (Shawn Church) ever seen the CP-E tuner, let alone tune a Speed6.

In any case, if you don't want to be part of the group and share, that's fine. But don't make up BS excuses.

I think Sam and I are talking about tuning our Standalones... Anyone can tune a crappy piggyback in less than an hour.

Yeah, but the original poster is asking for a tune for a standback, tha'ts not a standalone.

If there is a standalone for the SPeed.....I want one.

I like those wheels!!! I want those!!!

That read car seems like it's probably the most extreme speed 6 out there though.

Not quite the same as a guy with an EMS and a few bolt ons.

I wish there were more details somewhere on that car. I'd convert my car to port and standalone in a heart beat.

WIth port injection I don't think you have the driver problems you have with our Disi system?

Use the Haltech on the MS6 / MS3. The E6X will work, but I'd go with the E8.

I'm probably gonna sound pretty dumb (confused), but I'm not sure I know what the diff. is between a stand alone and a stand back??? Does a standback merely change some of the signals from the ECU and a stand alone replace the ECU?? (sorry to get off topic here)

Dyno tuning all the load points and having ample cool down between runs is about 2 hours. I still see 2 hours dyno time being reasonable.

Dyno rental/tuning rates are different at each location so it maybe cheaper in one area.

Standback is just the product name CPE came up with.
Piggyback is an interceptor that modifies the signals.
Standalone is a programmable ECU independent of the factory ECU.

You're kinda right mdogg. It's better to start from scratch with about an hour of street tuning, then hit the dyno. Too many people rely on street tuning alone.

Dyno tuning all the load points and having ample cool down between runs is about 2 hours. I still see 2 hours dyno time being reasonable.

Dyno rental/tuning rates are different at each location so it maybe cheaper in one area.

Standback is just the product name CPE came up with.
Piggyback is an interceptor that modifies the signals.
Standalone is a programmable ECU independent of the factory ECU.

Thanks! So wouldn't a standalone in theory be able to get around the throttle plate issue on the ms6 and ms3?

Back