Removing Front/Middle Seats to Deep Clean - Airbag Concerns?

Z31

2022 CX-9 GS-L
Hello,

Anyone have any experience removing the seats to clean? I wanted to remove the seats to be able to thoroughly clean under the middle seats (don't ask), and I also want to remove the driver seat to inspect and try and diagnose play in the seat/rail.

Wondering if I'm okay to just disconnect the seat, or whether additional precautions are required, ie disconnecting battery (and considerations after doing this).

disconnect, clean and connect. don't start the car in the mean time while disconnected or the car will register a disconnect. if you want to be totally safe, remove the negative terminal of the battery then disconnect the seats.

disconnect, clean and connect. don't start the car in the mean time while disconnected or the car will register a disconnect. if you want to be totally safe, remove the negative terminal of the battery then disconnect the seats.
Awesome, thanks for the info. Not aware of any surprises while disconnecting the battery? I know some cars have an accelerated re-learn procedure for ECU, but usually okay to just drive and have it sort itself out.

Awesome, thanks for the info. Not aware of any surprises while disconnecting the battery? I know some cars have an accelerated re-learn procedure for ECU, but usually okay to just drive and have it sort itself out.
na the usual, cycle windows, etc. you will be fine

Back