PVC Valve Replacement? 2017 CX-5

:
Mazda CX-5 GT 2017 w/Premium Pkg.
I just took my 2017 CX-5 GT with only 16,000 miles to the dealer this week to have the firmware upgraded to Version 74 as I was having trouble with Android Auto rebooting frequently. It seems to be working better now. Time will tell...
While there , the dealer tried upselling me on all sorts of maintenace items which appear to be unnecessary including a PVC Valve replacement and a PVC System Clean as they stated there is oil residue. Really! That seems perfectly normal to me and it appears to be simply an upsell by the stealership. No way the PVC valve needs to be replaced at only 16K miles.

Has anyone had the oil separator serviced? I have not been able to find any information on servicing the Mazda oil separator.

Last edited:
I just took my 2017 CX-5 GT with only 16,000 miles to the dealer this week to have the firmware upgraded to Version 74 as I was having trouble with Android Auto rebooting frequently. It seems to be working better now. Time will tell...
While there , the dealer tried to upselling me on all sorts of maintenace items which appear to be unnecessary including a PVC Valve replacement and a PVC System Clean as they stated there is oil residue. Really! That seems perfectly normal to me and it appears to be simply an upsell by the stealership. No way the PVC valve needs to be replaced at only 16K miles.

Has anyone had the oil separator serviced? I have not been able to find any information on servicing the Mazda oil separator.
sounds like a bad joke :)
I guess people learned about the cabin filter scams and they (dealers) try new gimmicks

The intake manifold needs to be removed in order to service the PCV and separator. However, there's an airflow test that's supposed to be done before even considering PCV and separator replacement. You can have some fun at their expense by asking if they want to replace the PCV because the airflow test failed. And if they say yes, then you can ask to have that test repeated while you watch. They'll start to do some serious squirming at that point.

Don't look for other dealers just because they try to sell you this and that.
Most dealers are like that, at least, in my area.
Just say NO to them with a smile.
Or, "Don't worry about that. I will do that myself."

Last edited:
Back