Multiple sensor failures after carbon cleaning intake valves. Wire short?

Update: I replaced the MAP sensor and it runs perfectly now! No codes!

I tested each sensor with my multimeter and found that the MAP sensor itself was indeed shorting the 5v reference loop. I went to Mazda earlier today and got a new sensor. Car runs and idles so smooth, it’s like new again. The carbon cleaning was def worth it. Thanks everyone for your help. :)
There you go! Congrats on the repair!

And carbon cleaning should have nothing to do with the failed MAP sensor although the timing is very strange. ...
The OP wrote that he believed some carb cleaner spray got into the electricals, which (if so) would be a reasonable explanation for the subsequent issues.

... I wonder what the Mazda dealer would do after they replaced the whole wiring harness and found the problem is still persistent? ...
A likely follow-up for those part-hangers would be to claim that the previously defective wiring harness that they replaced killed the PCM, and they would be very willing to replace that part as well. It's just so appalling to read reports like this (and I've seen quite a few), where these bozos cannot or will not do simple and basic diagnostic testing, so they just start throwing expensive parts instead.

Hats off to the OP for doing what this stealership was incapable of doing, and also avoiding spending big bucks in the process(y)

Back