MS3 Discounts and Rebates?

DaViper

:
2016 Mazda6 GT
I'm considering getting back into a Mazda now and am interested in getting an 09 Black Mica MS3 GT.

Firstly, are they still making these cars, or are the ones on the dealer lots the last ones that will be available new? I heard that Mazda is no longer producing the regular 3's, in preparation for clearing inventory for the new 2010 models. I wasn't sure if this applied to the MS3's or not. There seem to be quite a few (most have 6-8) available at all the Mazda dealers near me.

Secondly, do you believe there will be factory rebates available on these in the next few months as the new regular 3 sedan comes to dealerships? The dealer I spoke with today said that there will never be rebates on the MS3's, however, he was also a complete idiot and didn't know the differences between the Sport and GT models. Obviously he wouldn't want to tell me to wait for a rebate on the car, but I haven't heard of a past rebate on this care either.

What makes me think of a possibility of a rebate is that my last car (2003 Protege5) had a huge rebate (I think betweek 3k-5k) when I got it, which was right before the 3 came out an in order to get the protege's off the lots. In addition to this, there were huge rebates on the MS6's. I understand that a lot more MS3's were sold than MS6's (and it has gotten a lot more awards), but is it unrealistic to think that my best time to buy an 09 MS3 GT would be in a few months when the new 3 sedan comes to dealerships?

I'm not in a hurry to get a new car, but if there were a factory rebate available on a new MS3 GT, it'd be an easy decision for me!

Any oppinions?

From what I've seen, there haven't been any rebates on the MS3 or special financing. Rebates help get cars out of the dealers and onto the road. The MS3 being a kick ass car does a good job by itself. If a car isn't selling well, they will put out rebates. Such as the '08 STi. Thousands off and 0% financing. Or the MS6. Or any american car.

The normal 3 is mazda's money maker. Not much profit margin for either dealer or factory for the MS3, so it's not as likely either to get any discounts. With there no new MS3 on the horizon (most likely), there is no push to get the older MS3 off the floor. They have no problem selling 2009's in 2010 if they need to.

263 HP for <$25k, and you want rebates? I bet you want to eat your cake, as well? :)

no rebates for the ms3. i went to test drive one a couple weeks ago. The dealer I went to was still receiving new ms3, and the salesman said they will continue to get more 09's in.

no rebates, or low interest rates... on the speed3. you can work some really sweet deals on the regular 3s for sure!

i got them to work with me by playing a lot of hardball, but i'm still working with a 'not what i'm used to (0-1%)' rate on the car... made it up on a few other items and a good price on the car.. they gave me $1200 more for my trade in than anyone else ever offered, and i got the maximum warranty... :)

yep, no actual rebates. You might be able to haggle with certain dealers, but most won't budge much on the price of a ms3. You are more likely to haggle in free accessories or parts.

Cool, thanks everyone for your replies. I'm looking to wait until April or May to get one, so I'll likely wait it out for a bit.

So how long are they going to make these for? Will I be able to find a new one in May?

i doubt they have any incentives in the US
the ms3 is always friggen excluded from cashback or
special financing as well as employee discounts but
it's getting towards the end of the life cycle of the car
so you may luck out in a few more months.

According to one of the dealers I talked to today, the new incentives come out tomorrow (which makes sense because the incentives they have right now expire today), so we'll see tomorrow, although if rebates come out it may not be this soon.

When I bought mine in May '08, there was a $500 rebate if I financed it through Mazda, plus a 1.9% rate.

I almost bought one in 2007 but they would not deal at all. Then I in 2008 they made a change and included it with the ford discount. So it was somewhat less without any haggle.

Back