INSANE Protege sightings this weekend....

Dimitrios

Contributor
:
2012 CWP MS3
Ok, so I saw at least six 3rd Gen Protege's this weekend:

Saturday, 6/12
Time: Around 11
Sighting: Laser Blue MP3 with clear tails and tint headed northbound
Action: Bust a u-turn at 127th. Assumed that it may have been "porkchoptom" from Kankakee. Went up to Guitar Center at 83rd and Cicero and met up with him.

I told Tom to always expect to be chased down by other Northern Illinois Protege drivers.............always.

Sunday, 6/12
Time: Around 12
Location: Pleasant Prarie, WI - Green Bay Road just north of Hwy 163
Sighting: Yellow Mazdaspeed headed northbound
Action: I turned my head just as we "passed" each other. I got a wave out the window.......who was that on here?

Sunday, 6/12
Time: Around 12:25 PM
Sighting: None other than our very own Jose (protejay for those uninformed). I'm at the light and JUST as the light turns green, Mr. Jose decides to show up right next (to the left) of me. We manage to somehow identify each other but due to the big ass truck behind me, I had to get thru. the light.

That front end looks good Jose!!

Sunday, 6/12
Time: Around 4:45 PM
Location: Willow Springs area on I-294. Me: headed northbound
Sighting: Laser Blue MSP headed southbound. Not sure who that was.

Sunday, 6/12
Time: Around 6:35 PM
Double Sighting:
1) Yellow Protege5 headed northbound
2) Moments later (like 20 seconds later) near 111th Street, spotted a Charcoal MSP headed northbound

Finally, this morning, Monday 6/12:
Time: Around 6:50 AM
Location: Markham/Oak Forest - Me: headed southbound on Pulaski (Crawford) near 159th
Sighting: Charcoal MSP headed northbound. I looked over but couldn't tell who that may have been

All in all a good Protege weekend. It was a like a meet that was moving.....like a rolling meet....without meeting really....so I guess it wasn't a meet. I just saw a lot of Protege's...I'll be quiet now..

Dimitrios said:
Sunday, 6/12
Time: Around 12:25 PM
Sighting: None other than our very own Jose (protejay for those uninformed). I'm at the light and JUST as the light turns green, Mr. Jose decides to show up right next (to the left) of me. We manage to somehow identify each other but due to the big ass truck behind me, I had to get thru. the light.

That front end looks good Jose!!

i was wondering what you were doing in our neck of the woods. i was on my way to play basketball. i was going to stop and chat, but the douche bag behind me honked at me like 3 times before i flipped him off and partially opened my door. i think he thought i was crazy

Yah, I was with the folks. There's a Greek monastery in Pleasant Prarie that we go maybe once a month to.....I can't remember that intersection? Was it Wadsworth Avenue?

But yeah, I know....it was like the right person at the wrong time (green lights, douche bags behind us, etc). I had some monster 4x4 behind me and the folks were all like "who the hell is that dude and why are you waving to him?" (ok, they didn't say dude...).

Anyway, I'll see you around again I'm sure.

the intersection was wadsworth rd. and rt. 41. thats just how people around here drive - like assholes.

in a related story: did anyone know that you could drive rt. 41 from the upper peninsula of michigan to miami beach, florida? it would take about 5 days, but it's possible.

Yah, Route 41 ends running like right by my house on the far south side of Chicago near the lake. I used to take it all the time to Lafayette (to Purdue).

It's a good drive. You lose a bit of country when you take the interstates. Everything just "zips" by.

its good drive except when it goes through north chicago. that place is ghetto as ****. im talking about the actual city of north chicago, not the northern side of chicago.

protejay5 said:
the intersection was wadsworth rd. and rt. 41. thats just how people around here drive - like assholes.

in a related story: did anyone know that you could drive rt. 41 from the upper peninsula of michigan to miami beach, florida? it would take about 5 days, but it's possible.
holy crap Nicole lives 2 min from 41 and wadsworth! I usually fill up at the citgo station there cuz it's a good 10-20 cents cheaper per gallon there than it is by me.

LZ

i drive through that intersection everyday at about 3:10p - 3:15p on my way to work...

We should have a Rt 41 Fun Run some time. Start around 41 and Wadsworth, head downtown thru LSD, find a park off Lake Michigan so we can get pictures of the cars w/the Chicago Skyline in the backdrop, go right by Mattman's place, and head back up here :cool:

LZ

Lord_Zath said:
We should have a Rt 41 Fun Run some time. Start around 41 and Wadsworth, head downtown thru LSD, find a park off Lake Michigan so we can get pictures of the cars w/the Chicago Skyline in the backdrop, go right by Mattman's place, and head back up here :cool:

LZ
that sounds like a good idea. chicago skyline and some Uno pizza <3

Back