Former(sadly) P5 owner, I need a half-way intelligent forum for Hyundai.

Rusty

:
2002 Protege5 - silver
I sold my P5 to my flying buddy... we fly competitive model control line aerobatics. Fun as hell, loud, greasy and smoky. He's an old Porsche lover and knows how to drive it, so I'm happy, he understands it and gets real a kick out of it. But I had to get something I could fit my planes into... an aircraft carrier, lol. It's a big red 2011 Santa Fe. V6, hauls ass, cool features. I can only find forums full of owners that don't know how to release a hood latch.

For the twelve years I owned my P5, i could come here and get and give answers on anything from lug nuts to crankshafts. No such luck finding a useful Hyundai forum. It's a good car, just no good forums that I can find. Anyone here got any idea where to find some help on these marvels of Korean technology?

My current issue may be generic enough, it's the back-up camera. It suddenly got way out of focus. It's lens is Windex clean and seems to be all in position, though I haven't been inside behind its mount yet. I would guess it's a fixed focal length, so maybe a new lens would fix it. But I don't want to throw parts at it until I talk to someone about it. Taking it to the dealer is the top answer I get so far.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks.
Rusty

Btw, here's what a control line aerobatic pattern looks like:
https://youtu.be/p1WEal8Jm30

Unless you've got a tiburon, genesis, or veloster, most people who buy hyundais arent typically car people. I think even kia has a bigger fanbase.

Thanks, Jackie, I'll look around on those forums. I expect their backup cams all use the same parts as mine.
Rusty

My current issue may be generic enough, it's the back-up camera. It suddenly got way out of focus. It's lens is Windex clean and seems to be all in position, though I haven't been inside behind its mount yet. I would guess it's a fixed focal length, so maybe a new lens would fix it. But I don't want to throw parts at it until I talk to someone about it. Taking it to the dealer is the top answer I get so far.

Sounds like the sensor has worked itself loose, changing the distance between it and the lens. Also possible that it is full of water, which would change the optics. (How well do you see under water?). Take it out and see which it is.

Sounds like a good Sunday afternoon project. I'll let y'all know what I find.
It's good to drop back in here again. I miss my P5, but at least I get to see it now and then. And my buddy is taking great care of it.
Rusty

Latest posts

Back