engine cutting problems

Mazman5

:
Mazda Protege 5 turbo
Hi everyone, I've just installed my new MSP in my protege 5
a big probleme we have right now is with my Split second AFC & timming control
engine between 3500-4000 rpm cuts out like a .......
2 weeks ago I went dyno tuning to fix the probleme, did the session, no more cutting (25deg celcius), and on my way back home(650km away) colder it got, a cutting out started to appear, now every day just puttering aroud 3500-4000rpm is not even possible. When its really cold, 5-10deg celcius, aroud 6200rpm it cuts once or twice. The guys at the dyno shop had no idea how to tune my split second, so I think thats probably the only reason why its not working properly
here are my mods, if it helps

-GARRETT T25 Ball-Bearing Turbocharger
-Callaway Manifold
-CORKSPORT Front mount intercooler
-GREDDY TYPE RS blow off valve
-AEM cold air intake
-COLD TIP plugs
-AFC SPLIT SECOND Air fuel and Timing Controller
-APEXI turbo timer
-Stock speed exhaust
-TOCHIGI FUJI Limited slip differential
-GREDDY oil catch tank
-GREDDY profecB spec boost controller
-ARIAS PISTONS
-PAUTER rods
-ARP head stud kit
-AEM Wideband
-EXEDY clutch stage 2
-AWR kit motor mount durometer 88 stiff

and a little sample
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S7x5yuLvK7U&feature=channel_page

Getting kind of fed up(hand), so if anyone knows WTF is the probleme, it would be greatly appriciated(thumb)

I would say it's all in the tune. Fuel Cut is what you are getting, basically your engine is trying to save itself. Try downloading several of the maps listed on here, see which one improves the car the most, and then tweak it from there. On my car I had the Supermap, it wouldn't let me go above 4K rpms and would bog down and buck, took all the power and then I'd have to ease it all back up again. I then took another map, tweaked with it just a little to allow myself to get up to higher boost and wow.. it's running super smooth and gives me the power that I wanted. I would just say try the maps, and go from there.. if someone (the shop) doesn't know how to tune it, I wouldn't let them touch it.

I'm also going to summarize your mods, it was way too much to look at..

Stock turbo & mani
Forged engine
CS FMIC w/ Greddy bov
AEM cold air intake
Stock MSP exhaust
COLD TIP plugs
SplitSecond FTC
Greddy EBC
AEM Wideband

Last edited:
Your car is stumbling because there's too much fuel going be dumped into the car between 3500 to 4000 rpms. Make sure you have a wide band gauge to clarify that is what is going on. Id say that is the problem because your saying in the colder weather, it does not do that as much and that would make sense because in colder weather, the air becomes more dense and more cfm travels into the engine. So the extra fuel is being accounted for with the extra air.

Take some fuel out in the cells around that rpm range.

70-80 how do you do it so fast

Hey I've been compelled to ask this question after a screen shot i just saw of a guy who went from level 74-75 in 2 hours /played. This aggravates me and leads me to ask how does he do this? It takes me about 5-9hours /played to gain ONE level 70-80. is there something im doing wrong? sometimes i get a little bored and tank the occasional instance and turn in dungeon quests but i really dont see how that can be done. any tips?

Back