hyperpm

:
08.5 CPW MS3 Sport
Conditions:

85 degress
Hood open
4th gear
1 blower on radiator
No fan on TMIC (started to heatsoak on 2nd and 3rd runs)
Stock everything

Sorry for the crappy cell phone pics. If I'm reading 1st run correctly, it's about 227 hp and 260 lbs tq

2880022499_1e604d3197_b.jpg

2880856440_649225f90b_b.jpg

I think the avg drivetrain loss is 13% so your HP number is right on but your torque is about 20 ftlbs above....awesome!!!(thumb)

wow i dyno'd on a dynojet in similar conditions just a few weeks ago only mod i have is an intake and i made 250whp and 270lbs tq.

^ can't compare dynos, unless it's the same dyno location on the same day.

yes, correction normally would make it so you can compared on the same dyno location on different days, but correction factors do funny things to boosted cars, so it's hard to say for sure. plus you throw in the fact that we are so easily affected by those tiny TMIC....

OP, no fan on the IC will yield inconsistent runs as you've shown. you HAVE to get air flowing past that thing, and it's gotta a pretty strong stream!

if your car is similar in weight to the average ms3, a trip to the drag strip with several runs should be able to give you a good idea of power (from the trap speed)

unfortunately they only had 1 fan lol so no air to TMIC :( i'm pretty happy with results though. needed a baseline before i start adding mods. getting cobb sri this week so i'll likely get another dyno in a month to see cobb sri gains if any.

unfortunately they only had 1 fan lol so no air to TMIC :( i'm pretty happy with results though. needed a baseline before i start adding mods. getting cobb sri this week so i'll likely get another dyno in a month to see cobb sri gains if any.

whenever i dyno i try to bring ice with me to put on the tmic...

and I know all about dyno comparisons but it was most likey in the low 90s when I dyno'd and 227 just seems low to me, the tq is nice but i just cant fathum the idea that an intake neted me 23whp give or take a few because of the different locations and different days.

hks sri frw indeed!

ive seen lower dynos then yours from ms3's on kienans dynojet. Last time we were all there for the meet one ms3 did like 220 and the other one was around 240ish

Yes, please post some COBB SRI numbers, I've seen a couple dynos that it has lost HP with just the SRI. I am VERY VERY interested to see your numbers once you add the intake. Please post ASAP :) Thank You

same story with all dynos, they're all calibrated different. some get really high numbers, low, and just about right. this dyno i know is pretty darn close to about just right since ive dynoed other cars there. in the end, it's a baseline for future mods.

the quality of fuel also plays a big part as the knock sensor can pull timing without you even knowing it.

Latest posts

Back