Drivers seat leather gap between headrest bracket

or just keep the headrest down so you don't see it. Depends how much it bothers you and how much time, effort, and aggravation you want to put into it to try to get Mazda to fix it.

or just keep the headrest down so you don't see it. Depends how much it bothers you and how much time, effort, and aggravation you want to put into it to try to get Mazda to fix it.
Haha thanks that's what I've been doing. I leave it almost all the way down. Doesn't bother me too much. Maybe later I'll just find a used seat. Track has the common slight play in it.

Can you post a photo with the head rest all the way down please (uhm)

Can you post a photo with the head rest all the way down please (uhm)

sorry for the delay

IMG_20180827_114652.jpg

But is it in the best position to reduce whiplash injuries? I'm 6 foot 2 and have the headrest positioned 2 inches up from the top of the seat.

All depends on the person.

As I understand it the top on the headrest should be in line with the top of one's head

i'm 5'10. i usually keep the headrest one click above the seat. that kinda put it at the right position. my shoulders/back right now are in line with the bottom of the head rest.

looking at the seat, there's nothing inside that holds up that area, looks like the it's form of the seat. maybe sides that stretch it.

If it is really bugging you that much then follow up with the dealer or maybe take it somewhere else to someone who can fix it for a small cost

If it is really bugging you that much then follow up with the dealer or maybe take it somewhere else to someone who can fix it for a small cost

Thanks, it's not really bothering me too much. I posted thinking someone else may have seen this issue on this car before and maybe it's an easy fix. I'll live with it for now. In time I'll find a used seat and replace it as I also have the common rail play. Lol.
thanks a lot

Thanks, it's not really bothering me too miuch. I posted thinking someone else may have seen this issue on this car before and maybe it's an easy fix. I'll live with it for now. In time I'll find a used seat and replace it as I also have the common rail play. Lol.
thanks a lot

Is this the only seat with the issue?

It may be that the back rest cushion has slid down a bit exposing that gap, or the pervious owner hung something off the back of the headrest forcing that gap to form. I get that a little bit because I have seat back protectors for my girls, so their shoes don't mar the seat backs. Just push the seat back up a bit and it should go away. that's if the dealer won't do anything about it.

It may be that the back rest cushion has slid down a bit exposing that gap, or the pervious owner hung something off the back of the headrest forcing that gap to form. I get that a little bit because I have seat back protectors for my girls, so their shoes don't mar the seat backs. Just push the seat back up a bit and it should go away. that's if the dealer won't do anything about it.

cool thanks i will try, i'm gonna open it back up to add some lumbar foam so i'll take a look and try to push it up.

Back