Dash Cleaning

Best stuff to wipe down the dash before applying any protectant is a Swiffer sheet. Picks up everything, even from the little grooves, leaves no residue, and you can just throw it away afterwards.

I use something like the california dash duster or this, but not that exact brand. My duster says Quickie on the handle, paid about $5. No need to wet anything. It works by shaking vigorously creating electro-static. Everything just sticks onto the cleaning tool, and then I can just shake it off outside. It picks up all the dust on the dash, leather seats, everywhere inside the car except the floor.

Last edited:
I wipe my dash with a moist microfiber cloth and then dry with another. Then I put a small amount of #303 Protectant on a clean kitchen sponge and wipe the dash. After a few minutes I wipe the dash with a clean cloth. I do this 2X times per year and my CX7 dash looked like new after 7 years. Ed

I actually use a Swiffer Duster on my dashboard, it does a pretty solid job of cleaning it up and not leaving anything behind.

Back