CX-50 Tire Rotation Not Done

I own a 2023 CX-50. Several months ago I had it in and requested that they check the tire pressures, as the passenger rear was reading low. They said they did, but the problem persisted. Blew me off saying that the light would come on when it got "too low". Checked pressure with gauge, confirmed what app said. Finally brought it back to dealer when a nice guy filled it properly. No pressure issues since. Yesterday went in for oil change and requested tire rotation. However, marked the tires beforehand. When I got the car back, I saw that they had just swapped the drivers side front and rear. Service manager assured me that they would correct their error.
Guess I am pretty naive to not realize that this goes on.

Are your tires directional? (Do they have a specific rotation direction?). If they do it is common to only rotate them front to back, because you would need to remove them from the wheel and mount them again to move it to the other side.

Are your tires directional? (Do they have a specific rotation direction?). If they do it is common to only rotate them front to back, because you would need to remove them from the wheel and mount them again to move it to the other side.
It looks like the Goodyear Assurance Finesse are directional.

I believe she was saying they only rotated ONE side (the driver's side).

If you paid for the rotation and it wasn't done, then that's a problem. However, I've had service done where I ask for a rotation and they tell me they didn't do it because it wasn't needed due to even wear on all tires. I can't complain when a dealership service department wants to save me money.

Back