2017~2024 CX-5 2.5T Suspect coolant leaking

Hi guys, I have a 2.5T with less than 60k km. Because of the known coolant leak issue, I have been monitoring the coolant level. It was at about the middle in summer when cold, and now it’s close to the low indicator. I didn’t notice any coolant leak or in the oil. This doesn’t feel normal? If I do an oil analysis and it shows coolant in oil, would the dealer do something about it? (Change the gasket or replace engine)? I am in Canada if it matters.

You can raise your concerns with the dealer and they may offer to check for a coolant leak. Be aware that they may ask you to pay a "diagnostic fee" for the time spent in looking for the leak. Having an oil analysis done doesn't necessarily guarantee a repair unless the dealership (or Mazda Canada) is the one who requested the analysis.

They should be able to pressure test the system to see if there are any leaks. They can also check the back of the engine for visible signs of a coolant leak.

You can raise your concerns with the dealer and they may offer to check for a coolant leak. Be aware that they may ask you to pay a "diagnostic fee" for the time spent in looking for the leak. Having an oil analysis done doesn't necessarily guarantee a repair unless the dealership (or Mazda Canada) is the one who requested the analysis.

They should be able to pressure test the system to see if there are any leaks. They can also check the back of the engine for visible signs of a coolant leak.
Thanks. I need to get some coolant and will ask the dealer.

Thanks. I need to get some coolant and will ask the dealer.

If you're still under warranty, you can call the dealer service desk and tell them you think your coolant is low, then reference the coolant leak issue. The dealer should be aware of the potential issue, and when they bring your car in, they might top up the coolant for you. At the very least this saves you from having to buy coolant yourself. If they don't top it up, then you can politely request that they do, and if they still don't, then you can buy a jug.

Use a piece of masking tape and a sharpie and check it stone cold before first start of the day. Consistency is key. If its between low and full I would leave it. Sometimes they " find their level"

Back