CX-30 Made In Mexico - Any Build Quality Issues?

:
2017 CX5 AWD Touring
How has the build quality been on the new CX-30's since they are made in Mexico?

I've owned a few CX-5's but they were always made in Japan.

Until present time the cars equiped with X180 engine are made in Japan . Mine is (produced in 26 febr 2020) . A friend of mine own a Mazda 3 made in Mexico...,aparently same quality and no problems at all (2 years old car)

This might actually be a "design" critique, versus build quality, but I'm horrified at the body panel gaps at the A pillar. My dealer had a whole row of 5+ CX-30s, and they were all like this.

If I squint at press photos, I think this gap is actually intentional, but I would love to be proven wrong...

1593482523441.png

It looks fine straight on:
1593482939876.png

@zoomies I see what you mean but that has got to be intentional (at least I sure hope it is). I can't see Mazda having major panel gap issues, especially with a relatively new model!

Looking at photos taken from further back, I can't even see it.

Just took delivery of a 2024 CX-30 and yes, it is a design quirk. I thought it looks strange (that's why I searched if this was a known issue) but it's apparently what was meant to be. IIRC, my CX-5 has the same gap. It only affects those that are anal retentive, everyone else is oblivious. Lucky them!

A couple months after I purchased my 2023 new I noticed some of the panel gaps shifted on the back doors. The back passenger door nearly now touches the rear right fender. I noticed wind noise at freeway speeds increased around the same time in the driver window. The dealer stated that it sounded no louder than other 30’s, but they replaced the driver door seals which didn’t help. Except for that everything has held up very well.

Back