2016 CX-5 with multiple issues…Help

My CX5 overhead lights would not turn off two days when I closed the door so I turned the switch to off. Next morning the key fob would not work (brand new battery); I got no reaction from lights; I cannot start it without putting the fob next to the start button, no infortainment or back up camera; the door locks are not working from the interior, and I have no interior lights and the check engine light is on. A neighbor checked for a "code" and nothing came up. We checked the fuses and the 54 "room" fuse was blown. We replaced it without a new mazda fuse and that one immediately blew. No other fuses were bad. The car starts right up and runs fine - help!

Key fob and interior lights are likely two different problems. There is likely a short circuit somewhere that is causing the lights fuse to blow. The first place to investigate would be the the switch that you turned off after the lights wouldn't go out. For the fob issue, you say you have a brand new battery in the fob? What kind of battery is it? I've found that a name brand battery like Duracell works great in the fob while a cheapo discount battery doesn't work reliably.

Upvote 0
Back