2015 CX-9 Rear hatch issue

I have a 2015 cx9 awd. I don’t have the auto lift gate. However, the hatch seems to unlatch intermittently! Is there a possible fuse problem?? I tried to open it from the inside with no avail. I’m wondering if this is a purely mechanical failure? Thanks for any input. Dan

Not sure I understand the issue. Is the liftgate unlatching on its own or staying stuck and not unlatching?

I can’t open the liftgate. I pull the handle and nothing. I’m trying to figure out the latch from the inside to open it now!

Ok. The procedure for the internal latch should be in your owner manual. It should be as simple as removing a panel and pulling on a plastic handle.

For the actual liftgate actuator, maybe this will help: https://cardiagn.com/mazda-cx-9-tb-security-and-locks/

Look at number 10 on the image: Liftgate latch and actuator. But you will likely need to get the hatch open first before you can diagnose the issue.

It won't be a fuse. If a fuse fails the operation won't be intermittent. The fuse protects the wiring. If it fails there is an electrical fault that must be repaired. Just replacing a blown fuse simply yields a new blown fuse.

How many switches are there to open the liftgate? (My 2016 has four; your 2015?) Try each switch and see if any one is reliable. If only one switch is unreliable, that may be your problem. Otherwise the problem may be the electrical part of the latch or the mechanical part of the latch that is activated by the electrics.

Ok. I got it. Zero electrical issues involved. The latch that releases the lock had come out of the “joint” (for lack of better term to describe) I put it back in, tightened the hardware and lubed it generously. Solved! Thanks for the help guys

Back