2012 Mazda6 iSPort I4 Several Issues

boneyardqf

:
2012 Mazda6 iSport I4
I purchased a 2012 Mazda6 iSport I4 back in the winter. It had 8xxx miles on the clock when I traded my old car in for it and got a great deal from a well-known reputable dealer in my town. I couldnt believe how a car with low mileage like that was on the lot, and so I jumped at the opportunity. I was very satisfied with the way it drove on the test drives didnt hear any noises or feel any vibrations. I also test drove another one at another dealership with 25xxx miles, but the 7 year 100,000 mile warranty (+1 year bumper to bumper) was what made me choose the first one.

A couple days later, I start the car up on a cold morning, let it warm up for about 30 seconds, and shift into drive to do a K-turn. When I shifted into reverse, the most uncomfortable vibration was felt. It resonated through the steering wheel and my seat. The vibration never occurred in drive. It was extremely startling, but I was unable to document it with a video. Later, when the engine was warm, I shifted into reverse again and the vibration was not present. So, I deduced that this was a problem at higher RPMs when the engine is cold and only in reverse.

I brought it into the dealership a couple of days after, and to my surprise, they found that the front motor mount was bad. How a certified used car could have a bad mount at 8xxx miles is beyond me. However, I was happy that they were able to find the problem and, well, at the time, supposedly fix it by replacing the front motor mount.

All seemed well for the next couple days, but then a NEW noise/vibration started occurring during the same scenario as I described above, which can be seen in the attached video. This was a bit different, since it was less of a vibration and more of a gargling noise. Again, only in reverse, but I also noticed it whether the engine was cold or warm it didnt make a difference. Also, I started to notice a rubbing/creaking noise coming from somewhere in the region of my drivers side door/window. It was only heard driving over bumps, with no audio/radio etc. it continues to get worse as times passes to this present day. Second, I also noticed that my windshield wipers would occasionally get stuck when I attempted to operate them. They still work to this day, but its very random and only occurs the first time I flick the switch.

As a side note, if the car sits a while through a rain event, there is a distinct squeak noise during fire up in a cold start, which I have documented in the attached video.

Then, later that day, I noticed a distinct rattle coming from my exhaust pipes, and documented in the attached video (engine was semi warm and in park).

And so, I brought it back to the dealership. This is where things start to go downhill. The service manager was originally very cordial the first go-around. It was at this time that his demeanor during this whole situation started to worsen, but more on that later. They took it in just like last time.

This image details what they typed up on the paperwork that I received back. Job #7 was in reference to the first time I had it in for service. http://postimg.org/image/4iig9q4pv/

Unfortunately, nothing they did fixed any of the problems besides the exhaust rattle. In fact, even more problems surfaced in the coming days. Now, I noticed, at times, a jerk/jolt when shifting from drive to reverse or reverse to drive, especially when the engine is warm. In addition, the shake/rattle that I heard in reverse is now occurring in drive when the engine is cold and idling. Also, I now notice subtle vibrations when feathering the gas pedal to accelerate slowly. This is a different vibration than the ones I have been discussing so far. This vibration makes the cabin shake and only occurs around 1000RPM. I can feel it through my seat.

With all this being said, I brought it back for a 3rd time, and I was not happy. It was at this point that the service dept. turned into snobs and started calling me a liar, however one of the techs test drove with me and we heard the noises.

I got the car back after being scolded by the service manager who basically told me to never come back and that theyve spent way too much time on a car with nothing wrong and accusing me of being a liar. I can get deeper into this, but I want to keep the scope of this post focused on what is wrong with my car.

So, this is the paperwork I got back for this visit:http://postimg.org/image/ypqshxdgj/

2nd page http://postimg.org/image/g8wdr3xib/

None of what they listed here has fixed ANY of the problems. The weather has since warmed up, so the noises and vibrations are less pronounced, but still have not gone away.

So, in the end, I have a 3 year old car with low miles that basically behaves like a 1995 626 with 300K miles. If this is really how the car is supposed to behave, I would be flabbergasted. How could Mazda make such a piece of crap product?

To summarize:
-Car vibrates and makes gargling sound when in reverse or drive, regardless of engine temperature (but mostly in reverse)
-Car vibrates at 1000RPM when feathering the gas pedal, undiagnosed
-Windshield wipers sometimes get stuck in the down position, but always work on 2nd try
-Car jerks/clunks into gear when shifting from R->D or D->R at times, not every time (usually when engine is warmer)
-There is a rubbing noise coming from my drivers side window. Replacing the door check was not the fix. The technicians claim to not hear anything; meanwhile I hear it every single day.
-Exhaust rattle seems to have been fixed
-Car squeaks when starting up after a rain event and sitting a while, undiagnosed

video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4hC5JQyK0e0&feature=youtu.be

Does anyone on this forum have any advice to give or any ideas? Has anyone else experienced these issues with their car?

Sincerely,

A seriously disgruntled customer

Back