2012 CX9 FOB Replacement tey1-67-5ry

Hi all,

Just purchased a friend’s CX9. Their FOBs went missing so I’m left to replace them. The original FOB part number is TEY1-67-5RY. It’s the Bullet style FOB with smart keyless entry and the back hatch function. This is according to the VIN number on the vehicle.

You guessed it, I’m looking for a reasonable price on a replacement and am planning to program it myself. I already have two copies of the keys and just need to get them in the FOB. I see there are some other posts about this, just not too specific so I’m starting a new one in hopes I find someone who had to do the same and found an inexpensive replacement on Amazon or something.

Can anyone help?

Thanks,
Orvwik
2012 Mazda CX-9

A good locksmith can supply the fob and program it. FOB's can also be found on e-Bay or the dealer.
Thanks, Bronco. More specifically looking as to how to keep it on the cheap and how to buy the right one the first time. I’ve read that some can be programmed by the user. All I know is I’m not paying the dealership $600.🤪 Hoping someone sees this who has made the purchase and done the programming and can make a specific suggestion. That being said, I believe I’ve narrowed it down.

Upvote 0
A good locksmith can supply the fob and program it. FOB's can also be found on e-Bay or the dealer.
Welp, I’m convinced I bought the right FOB but programming didn’t work. Going to check all my fuses today at the recommendation of programmer who couldn’t get the job done yesterday. I’m concerned that if it’s not a fuse, that it may be that I’ve replaced the stereo or that I need a second FOB (the dealers say you have to buy two - maybe that’s why).

Upvote 0
Welp, I’m convinced I bought the right FOB but programming didn’t work. Going to check all my fuses today at the recommendation of programmer who couldn’t get the job done yesterday. I’m concerned that if it’s not a fuse, that it may be that I’ve replaced the stereo or that I need a second FOB (the dealers say you have to buy two - maybe that’s why).
That sucks. Never seen a fuse for the security system, and not sure what the stereo would have to do with it, but I guess you never know.

FYI, when I had my new keys cut and programmed, both of my smart-keys were in the house and not needed for the programming.

Upvote 0
Back