How To: Install Autoexe Wing and Brake LED relocation

YP5 Toronto

Contributor
I apologize that I don't have all the pictures from this install early last year, but removing the existing Stock Wing is straight forward. I would recommend referring to the service manual.

Once the stock wing is off this is what is left. <O:p</O:p

<O:p</O:p

awing1.JPG
<O:p></O:p>

The green circles (minus one that is cut out of the picture) will be used again by the Autoexe Wing. I used servo tape (double sided foam tape) around these areas to insure a tight water resistant seal around the openings. This will insure a snug fit with the new wing.<O:p</O:p

The blue circles (minus one that is cut out of the picture) are used to help mount the stock wing. I decided to leave the plastic "mounts" in place versus removing them. They are quite tight and over the past year I have noticed that they keep moisture out. You may want to take them out and fill them in.<O:p</O:p

The Red circle is the only one that is left open. I found some "plugs" at the local home depot that make an extremely tight fit. I did not want to fill in and paint..so I went this route. (I will update with a picture soon).<O:p</O:p

With the wing mounted:<O:p</O:p

awing2.JPG

awing4.JPG

So...this is where the LED install comes in. I wanted to keep the functionality and safety of the rear LED. You will need to simply remove a few screws from stock wing to remove the LED strip (sorry no pics).<O:p

I fooled around and found this spot and I temporarily mounted it here for fitment and a final decision. Note that the "tabs" on the led. <O:p

<O:p

awing5.JPG

I decided that I wanted them to come off, but you do not need to remove them to mount the strip. I used a "dremel" and simply cut and sanded it down flat.<O:p</O:p

awing6.JPG

I used "Servo Tape"..... for those of you that race and build RC Cars, know that this stuff is extremely sticky and made of foam. You may need to apply another layer towards the middle of the strip to compensate for the curvature in the hatch mounting spot. Just visit a RC Car hobby shop and ask for some servo tape...its pretty cheap.

awing7.JPG

This is what it looks like mounted with the wires tucked back into stock place. I trimmed any excess tape that may have been visible. the tape is black so it blends in well.<O:p</O:p

awing9.JPG

Not a great pic, but this is how it looks from the outside (I promise to edit this post with some night shots..to bad for now :) ) The light is still extremely visible and still effective.<O:p

awing10.JPG

ENJOY...<O:p</O:p

Last edited:
your Autoexe Wing

YP5 Toronto said:
I apologize that I don't have all the pictures from this install early last year, but removing the existing Stock Wing is straight forward. I would recommend referring to the service manual.

Once the stock wing is off this is what is left. <O:p</O:p

awing1.JPG
<O:p></O:p>

The green circles (minus one that is cut out of the picture) will be used again by the Autoexe Wing. I used servo tape (double sided foam tape) around these areas to insure a tight water resistant seal around the openings. This will insure a snug fit with the new wing.<O:p</O:p

The blue circles (minus one that is cut out of the picture) are used to help mount the stock wing. I decided to leave the plastic "mounts" in place versus removing them. They are quite tight and over the past year I have noticed that they keep moisture out. You may want to take them out and fill them in.<O:p</O:p

The Red circle is the only one that is left open. I found some "plugs" at the local home depot that make an extremely tight fit. I did not want to fill in and paint..so I went this route. (I will update with a picture soon).<O:p</O:p

With the wing mounted:<O:p</O:p

awing2.JPG

awing4.JPG
I have a couple of questions. I wanted to know what is the purpose for the wing? and since you are running 18", did you have to roll your fenders to prevent rubbing? Are your tires rubbing at any time?
Dog(mspblack)

nice since im getting a new wing :D curious to see the pics of the plugs, as im curently thinking about a whole hatch repaint.

wow...138 views and 2 replies? Comments Feedback? lol...

Dog..the Wing is cosemetic...not sure if I am getting any additional performance for all I know it could have a negative effect (marginal either way). And as for the 18's, rolled fenders. and no rubbing. (keep this How-To on topic :) )

Updated pics to come (camera is out on loan).

Okay, I tried this and it didn't stick for long. I think I am going to have to drill into the body... ack.

no **** that... just get the JDM non-sport20 (yeah the cheapo wagons didn't come with spoilers like the P5/sport20 did) 3rd brake light.. it goes behind the back window at the very top, it comes with a nice black plastic trim piece too

let me know if you want to get that s***.... it's quite worth it when you got other expensive body parts on the car

TheMAN said:
no **** that... just get the JDM non-sport20 (yeah the cheapo wagons didn't come with spoilers like the P5/sport20 did) 3rd brake light.. it goes behind the back window at the very top, it comes with a nice black plastic trim piece too

let me know if you want to get that s***.... it's quite worth it when you got other expensive body parts on the car

this is what want to get. the 3rd brake but i dont see part# for that.

Efren

I got the part numbers from TheMAN. Expensive though. I might just get PIAA's 3rd LED brake lights and mount that.

the wing just polane looks better then the stock wing and i have 18" konigs my car is on air and i dont have any problems with rubbing only when i'm deopped all the way down it rubbs a little bit

Back