How To: HKS type 0 Install

i just did the install and did the red to the red. blue to black and green to blue and the car just shuts off by itself

yeah paul you didnt answer my in your other thread. you have to connect the ebrake wire and pull the ebrake for it to count down. it will not count without having this hooked up and the brake pulled.

thankx guys, i got it to work now.
i had the wrong acc wire attached.
u need to use the middle blue wire

how to install hks type-o tt

i am sorry if this is a repetative question, but i just installed mine today and it works perfectly, except for the fact that my doos unlock automatically when the engine shuts off. does ne1 know how to disable this?

Ok so i didn't install it that weekend but "tried" today and failed miserably. My wires are completely different. The instructions didn't amtch my cars wiring. Either that or i used th wrong wires. TT works perfect except the car doesnt stay on. Do i HAVE to connect the RPM cable? And the Blue/red cable connects to what?

you don't have to connect the RPM cable, it's only if you wanna use automatic mode. You must have a bad connection from the TT to the switched power lead coming from the switch. Try and find it, and you should be good to go.

Sweet. I jsut got my Type-0. Does this install allow for full-auto mode? I'm assuming the wire tapped at the ECU is the RPM signal wire?

Yes, I have done it and it works great. My auto mode "counts up" based on the duration and intensity of your driving (based on the RPM ECU connection). It is worth the time of installing it not to have to ever worry about it again IMHO.

Ya, I'm actually really excited about the full auto mode. How accurate is the voltage display also?

So I thought I hooked it up the way you said, and it works, but no matter how long I set it to stay on for, it only goes for 5 seconds. It'll start the countdown from 30 and it turns off at 25 everytime. I've tried it at a minute, it dies at 55 seconds, ect. Anyone know why this might happen?

So I thought I hooked it up the way you said, and it works, but no matter how long I set it to stay on for, it only goes for 5 seconds. It'll start the countdown from 30 and it turns off at 25 everytime. I've tried it at a minute, it dies at 55 seconds, ect. Anyone know why this might happen?

Is it a new TT, or did you buy it used? Not sure why it is doing that... Once I got mine wired correctly (See above), then it worked perfectly ever since. Good luck, and sorry I could not be more helpful.

umm i just tried wiring mine up and its not working
it will come on when i turn the car on and beep and all that, it has the voltmeter too

but when i take the key out it just shuts off, also my wires were different then what the OP says, i had 1 Black/red, 1 black/blue, 1 blue, and 2 white/black
i used the black/red, the blue and the black/white that had 12 volts

im thinking maybe if i switch the blue to the black/blue then it'll work but im not sure

any input?

Make sure you have the e-brake wire hooked up right or it will just shut off.

Back