FYI: Mid-year changes for current/future 2010 Mazda 3

Lord_Zath

Just a heads-up for those who are in the process of purchasing a 2010 Mazda 3 or have been considering one in the near future.

Apparently, Mazda has stopped producing 3's with side mirror turn signals and under-dash LED lighting. There are some other changes in their mid-year refresh, but I can't remember them off the top of my head. Do a Google search for "mazda 3 missing turn signal" and you'll find some threads in some other Mazda forums about this.

I was in the market to pick one up w/the current incentives and managed to get the last one in the area (possibly the US) with my color/options. To me, the loss of the interior footwell lighting plus side mirror signals was a dealbreaker, since MSRP went up a few hundred more as well.

This applies to all vehicles manufactured after November 1st of 2009.

Last edited by a moderator:
Just MZ3? What about MS3s? I dont really care about the underdash footwell flood lighting, but losing the side signal on the mirror would be a shame.

That is weird. I wonder what prompted the change for Mazda.

-Derrick

Christ! I saw the word "warning" in the title and thought it was something important ....

Meh.

Just a few notes on this.. if the invoice still lists those options as standard, the dealer has to either refund the cost of them, or install them. I've heard of some owners going back to the dealer, and forcing the dealer to re-install the equipment listed as "standard" when they failed to change the invoices for these.

Also heard they are still wired for the LED lights and the mirrors are still wired for the turn signals (sounds like the just swapped the mirrors themselves, not the wiring harness). My guess is that the weaking exchange rate on the USD caused this. Some foreign countries require the turn signal mirrors, the US doesn't.

If yours doesn't have them and they are listed on your invoice as standard, I'd go back, raise a stink, and see what happens. One guy said he got them to order and install the mirrors and led's for free when he took his car back to talk to them.

It's all in your perspective. If you want the footwell lighting, then it can be a problem. If you want the side mirror signals, it can be another problem.

For me, it's the principle of the thing. MSRP is a couple hundred bucks higher, AND they remove two things that would cost several hundred to mod in. Why pay more for less?

Plus my wife has a 2010 3 as well. It'd irk the hell out of me to see her car w/side mirror lights parked next to my car w/o them!

yes, a "warning" is a bit extreme. something this minor would not affect my decision to purchase a particular vehicle.

Yeah warning is a bit xtreme. FIY or heads up at best. You could buy ***** lighting aftermarket, and I'm sure someone will make mirrors aftermarket that has the turn signals.

Mods, Please change "warning" to "mild threat" as to avoid any further confusion in this thread.

Attachments

• 150-hsas.gif
    150-hsas.gif
    14.6 KB · Views: 231
I saw the thread title and thought 'oh s***' since we bought ours on 2/12. lol

It does suck about the mirrors but you can get the footwell lighting kit thru the dealer for $200. Now, can anyone confirm that the wiring is indeed there on the refresh models? This would make for a very nice plug and play mod.

Read elsewhere where a guy was pissed, and checked with the dealer. His dealer told him since it was listed on the invoice, they'd order and install the mirrors if the wiring was there, if the wiring wasn't they'd offer a refund for the mirror cost. Turned out he had 6 wires going into his mirror. That was the last I heard, no updates from him since, but I don't think you need 6 for just power mirrors.

Is this information absolute? I was just at my Mazda dealer on Saturday and didn't notice the turn signal mirrors missing on any of the 3's on the lot.

Is this information absolute? I was just at my Mazda dealer on Saturday and didn't notice the turn signal mirrors missing on any of the 3's on the lot.

It could be those were built before the cutoff date and made it. Mine has a build date of 10/09 so I guess I was lucky.

Back