Rolled fenders fail

LaCroix08

:
Mazdaspeeeeeed
So! I got my new wheels in, 18x8+40, 235/40/18.
I tried to roll my fenders before I got them put on, but I had no leverage between my tire and fender, and they wouldn't budge.
So I decided, sure! I'll get the wheels put on, and try again.
I got the wheels on, and on my 5 mile ride back I scraped 2-3 times.
So just no I tried to roll them again, and once again, it would not happen.
Somebody help me, I'm really frustrated about this because I can't even drive my car without risking destroying my new tires.

By the way, I'm using the DIY method shown here: http://www.srtforums.com/forums/f75/how-roll-fenders-15-a-395884/

hammer lol its ghetto but id rather have my fenders rolled and not cut up my tires
i just used a metal saw to cut reliefs into the fender lip, then just took a hammer and beat the fender in until if was almost flat, i used a heat gun to make sure the paint on my fender didnt crack, i really didnt care about the paint on the fender lip so i didnt heat it that much

OH yea LOL....guess I should go to that coil swap meet if it does go down BEFORE I leave, otherwise oh well.

Someone tell me what to do.
I can't drive my car, and I live over a hundred miles away from any shop that might do it.
I would like to just rent a fender rolling tool, but I'm convinced that it wouldn't be any easier.

Naw, like I said, I've only rubbed a few times, but I've only driven a few miles.
I don't want to drive it the way it is.
But I'll take some pictures of how ridiculously aggressive it is; I had no intent on it being as aggressive as it is.
I'll update with pics in a few minutes.

Judging from the SRTforums example, that guy's drop and wheel size combo wasn't too low or aggressive in either way, which prompted him to do the DIY fender roll. I could imagine how difficult it could be for an aggressive offset with a pretty low drop combo and DIY fender roll. I look forward to the pics, but at this point from what it sounds like, you would either have to rent a tool or have it professionally done.

Someone tell me what to do.
I can't drive my car, and I live over a hundred miles away from any shop that might do it.
I would like to just rent a fender rolling tool, but I'm convinced that it wouldn't be any easier.

The fender rolling tools are a piece of cake to use. I had never used one in my life, and it took me less than 2 hours from opening the box to done. I mean, there's a reason people shell out 80 bucks to rent them instead of using $10 worth of PCV pipe.

10o02kn.jpg

j9r7eb.jpg

s4t1sw.jpg

qpjuba.jpg

2n7qgc2.jpg

10o02kn.jpg

Okay, I don't know if you can tell by these pictures, but it sits RIDICULOUSLY flush. I think my problem is the offset. I was told by multiple people that know much more about this than I do that I could pull it off without a problem. I feel like even if I get my fenders rolled, I'm still going to be in bad shape.

You should be good after the fender roll, not as bad as you made it sound, you should be ok. I would either

A) Rent Tool
B) Pro service

Well, what I'm looking into now, is calling a shop about 120+ miles away on Monday, and asking them what they would charge, they actually advertising rolling/pulling on their website, so maybe that would be a good idea.
After I call them on Monday, if they want too much, I'll rent a fender roller and try again, but I'm terribly nervous about even doing that at this point.
I'm glad you think that I'll be good! That's pretty reassuring as I've been kinda freaking out. haha
Thanks for the advice!

I was planning on dropping it on Cobb springs, but it looks just like I wanted it to. I'd like to change my suspension for the performance, but I feel like with the set up I have now it's just not going to be an option. I wasn't planning on dropping any time soon, anyways.

And +1 on where can we get a fender roller? I know Tirerack, but if there are members that have them I'm sure we can save a few bucks.

As for renting one, not sure, never rented but I know there are places around town. I too have to get a fender roll, but am going to get it done locally. I think with Cobbs springs and proper fender roll, you should be ok as the cobb springs are not that aggressive of a drop compared to Pro-Kit springs or H&R's springs.

I imagine for this tool it's not like Autozone where you rent it and get your refund back right?

Back