MP3Night Turbo Build

MP3Night

Boost feels so good
:
Mazda Protege MP3
I have started my Turbo build and hope to have a turbocharged MP3 before the summer. I have had a lot of help and have had the car for only 6 months now lol and now I want to turbo it. I'm ready for boost!

Turbo Parts: Done!!!

Parts Bought
1. Wastegate 7psi
2. Callaway Turbo Manifold
3. S-pipe
4. FMIC
5. Taped Windage Tray
6. Turbo, GT2554R
7. Oil return line
8. Oil return oil-pan fitting
9. Oil feed - turbo fitting
10. Turbo oil return gasket
11. Water feed line Water return line
12. water feed banjo fitting
13. Oil feed - adapter plate fitting
14. Oil adapter plate
15. Oil Temp Gauge (Prosport)
16. Triple Single Din gauge holder
17. MSP ECU
18. AWR Side engine mounts
20. FMIC Piping
21. Oil Pressure gauge
22. Slim Fans: 9" - 12"
23. SS AFC
24.Oil feed line
25. Boost/Vacuum gauge
26. Turbo - oil return fitting
27. Turbo Stud Replacement Kit
28. Vibrant Vacuum Distribution Block Manifold: Black
29. turbo outlet gasket
30. S-pipe -> J-pipe gasket
31. Exhaust manifold -> Head gasket
32. AEM Wideband
33. Wastegate Bracket for GT25R(GT2554R) Turbo
34. Supercharged Millenia PCV Valve
35. Purge Valve
36. VTCS Vacuum Solenoid
37. Vibrant Performance Silicone Vacuum Hose Pit Pack - Blue
38. Oil Catch Can
39. Aftermarket Air to Air Oil cooler
40. Blow off valve-HKS ssqv V3
41. Turbo XS Knock Lite

11-14-09 First part in (Callaway Turbo Manifold)
PICT0004-1.jpg

11-20-09 (S-pipe, FMIC, A/F pro-comp, MSP heat shield)
PICT0016.jpg

1-22-10 WGA, Oil return line, Oil return oil-pan fitting, Oil feed - turbo fitting
PICT0004-2.jpg

1-25-10 GT2554R, Oil adapter plate
PICT0017.jpg

1-1-10 Turbo oil return gasket, Water feed line Water return line, water feed banjo fitting, Oil feed - adapter plate fitting
PICT0028.jpg

2-10-10 Oil Temp Gauge (Prosport), Triple Single Din gauge holder, AWR Side engine mounts, Altered Customs Bov Pipe flange.
PICT0032-1.jpg

2-11-10 MSP ECU
PICT0035.jpg

2-17-10 (Taped Oil pan)
PICT0037.jpg

2-23-10 FMIC Piping
PICT0050.jpg

3-8-09
PICT0050-1.jpg

CIMG0300.jpg

CIMG0294.jpg

CIMG0238.jpg

CIMG0235.jpg

CIMG0224.jpg

CIMG0207.jpg

CIMG0366.jpg

CIMG0364.jpg

CIMG0355.jpg

CIMG0378.jpg

CIMG0385.jpg

Before:
PICT0364.jpg

PICT0005.jpg

PICT0043-1.jpg

After:...coming soon

Last edited:
ok... so I am going to type this crap one more time and I swear my laptop is gonna learn a new trip ( flying) if it deletes this again!!!
:-D

ok... so you are off to a good start with your little turbo project, and I dont know what your budget is or isnt.. so i am going to make some suggestions ot stuff you might have forgotten

gaskets:
Oil pan gasket
exhaust manifold gasket ( the head to turbo manifold gasket)
turbo to exhaust manifold gasket
S-Pipe gasket
J-pipe gasket ( you can reuse your old one IF you so choose )
RTV ( for places like the oil return line section at the turbo, it has an o-ring, but hey another barrier never hurts)
Teflon tape, for your " tapped" windage tray

Intercooler pipes:
Contact Metalic36, she gots the hook up on some good stuff for front mounts,
CX racing, forcefed, protege garage, circuitsport.net, corksport has some i think too..
T bolt clamps, OR v band are the best way to go... vband is expencive and a pain in the ass, have to be welded on.. BUT... of you are looking for something that arent gonna just swperate under load.. these work.

SPARK PLUGS: IMPORTANT!!!!
make sure you change your spark plugs and get the ones that are correct for your project..

vac block, it isnt manditory, but it is nice to keep vac lines neat and orginized
motor mounts.... I would strongly suggest these... but it is up to you.

just a few suggestions.. I will add some more later when i have time... feel free to PM me if u got any questions

subbin. another protege going turbo! (2thumbs) looking forward to seeing how the begi fmu and o2 clamp work out for you.

oh well obviously its going to work for him lol. im going boost also and i cant make a decision between the begi fmu and o2 clamp or msp ecu and ssacf, so im looking forward to some more feedback on how this turns out. :)

oh well obviously its going to work for him lol. im going boost also and i cant make a decision between the begi fmu and o2 clamp or msp ecu and ssacf, so im looking forward to some more feedback on how this turns out. :)

thats the thing...you gotta read the fine print. hes also debating on whether to use the begi and clamp....or use a msp ecu. i vote the the begi and clamp. but im biased cuz i have them for sale right now.

i mean plug it into a laptop and you can tune your afrs at each psi at whatever rpm...not just a rough afr like the fmu

ya im leaning towards the msp ecu and ssafc, i think its better in the long run, at least for my plans with the car.

subbin. another protege going turbo! (2thumbs) looking forward to seeing how the begi fmu and o2 clamp work out for you.
Yeah I cant wait for the boost(rockon) Yeah I think I mite do that setup just got to get money in order, especially with the holidays coming up.

im sure it will work out great for him. if he'd buy them. lol
Lol in time, I'm still thinking. I'm waiting to hear back about getting a turbo...fingers crossed. I'm looking at how to hook up FMU and 02 clamp right now though(yes)

msp ecu and ssafc ftw...
Hahaha you live by that setup.

base supermap with just a few tweeks that i did. its really not hard to tune it.. just make a good run and datalog it and then see the general area u need to change and change the cell number up or down to compensate

Back