The MSP Appearance Thread - Add Your Projects

Metallic36

:
2003 Mazda6 3.0L Speed Yellow
Figured I'd start a thread about unique things that everyone has done to their cars for appearance factors.

I'll add a couple of my recent ones..

Centercap Project
Just wanted to share my little idea.. so far it's come out nicely. Still have to fill in the centercaps with high gloss resin on top of of the emblems to seal them in, but I took a photo of a before/after anyway. One way to avoid having to buy centercaps for $50 each. I have MP3 wheels, thus I had MP3 centercaps.. on a MSP. I had to do something about that, and I wasn't too fond of spending $200 for new centercaps.

IMG_0593.jpg

Headliner Project
you can't tell much about the fabric from the photos, but it is the suede/leather checkerboard stuff. Cut out the trimmed areas and painted them blue, trimmed those edges with silver ribbon, added high-gloss pour-on resin, and a vinyl :) The ribbon didn't agree too well with the resin, but it's probably not going to be noticed that much anyway once it's installed.

IMG_0586.jpg

nice work with the centercaps

i had something like that also planned for mine since one was cracked but i just went with polycarbonate painted black for mine

Back