SGT_OKINAWA's Car Audio Build (On going thread)

SGT_OKINAWA

:
2010 Mazda CX-7
FIRST DOOR SPEAKERS:

1. Make sure you have the right tools to get to the speakers:
sa3d0012.jpg

2. Take the screw out of the door handle and the screw out of the door grab area (The silver part with the power window buttons, under that felt pad there is a screw)

3. Just pull the tweeter triangle off with your nails and fingers.

4. Lift the panel a bit around the edges... working your way around, don't worry of those little white holder thingys if they stay or come off, they'll still work later.

5. Looks like this:
sa3d0005.jpg

&

sa3d0004.jpg

6. Remove the screws and unplug the OEM speaker.
sa3d0006.jpg

7. Here is a picture of the BACK of the door panel, not sure why people say they need to add MORE sound proofing, or what ever you want to call it, that looks good to me and both the door and the panel have plenty of 'padding' sound proofing if you ask me.

sa3d0019.jpg

8. Stock and after market one:

sa3d0014.jpg

Stacked on top, THEY MATCH!! (lol2)

sa3d0013.jpg

9. It's in place. I used the stock wires for now until I can get my own ran at a later date:

sa3d0018.jpg

10. Reverse order all the steps, it's not that hard to do, just take your time.

----------------------------------------
Here are some other things I did that day, I'll break them out into more detail later. For not just some pics:

Put two of four amps in place, NO WIRES YET just wanted to get them in there and check space, etc.

sa3d0009.jpg

Put both EQ's in place, was going to stack the EQ's on top (Above) the AMPS, but then came up with this neat little idea, ROCK SOLID ON THERE TOO (usa)

sa3d0010.jpg

Mounted these bad boys, one up front one in back, they are MARINE WATER PROOF speakers that will be on a switch; I've got a microphone that I'll have installed later, I can yell at people to MOVE! (spin)

I can play music through them, at stop lights, beach, etc. Only $14.00 (Note once ya tighten the side screws, THEY DON'T come off, it's a security measure.

sa3d0007.jpg

The wire up from down below...from the marine waterproof speakers.

sa3d0008.jpg

That is all for now, I'll update more as I go along.

Peace!(rei)

List of some of the items:

What kind of equipment did you upgrade to

Mid range speakers: BOSS

Subwoofers: Undecided at this time

EQ's: BOSS

AMPS: BOSS

1000 Watt Power inverter: PYLE

Battery: OPTIMA X2 replace stock one and one in the back. (Not Done yet)

Isolator: SPR-200

Signal Converter / Factory Integration unit (Speaker signal from stock head unit is turned into RCA signal): AudioControl LC6i-white 6 Ch Unit-white

Weather Proof Mini Box Speakers: Pyle 3.5 200 Watt 3-Way Weather Proof

Wireless Microphone System: PYLE PDWM100 Dual Function mic

70 amp. circuit breakers: BOSS

140 amp. circuit breakers: BOSS

Digital Fuse Block w/Dual LED Display: LANZAR

there is more, just think you get the idea.

Peace!(rei)

I got the pictures off my cell phone... bout dam time (lol2)
(This all took place weeks ago, been busy last few weekends):

1. Mounted the outside waterproof speakers, one up front behind the front air dam, and this one, a few weeks ago, just getting these pictures posted.

sa3d0007.jpg

2. Here is a quick snap shot of SOME of the stuff.

sa3d0009.jpg

sa3d0015.jpg

sa3d0014.jpg

3. This is the front seat out and the radio out:

sa3d0010.jpg

4. Under front pass seat BEFORE:

sa3d0016.jpg

5. Under front pass seat AFTER:

sa3d0028.jpg

sa3d0027.jpg

sa3d0029.jpg

To be continued....

Peace!(rei)

Not much to post as of now... a few add ons, here was the glove box light, I know not stereo related, but wife has cut off funds until after X-MAS.

sa3d0011.jpg

and here are the ONLY Alternator pics I took, just to show the that USA MAZDA 5 ALTERNATOR has different plug to the JAPAN Premacy. No problem, cut off plug, add terminal ends, plug up with clear silicon (bathtub caulking) and BAM, ..

sa3d0004.jpg

sa3d0003.jpg

160 OUTPUT ALTERNATOR RUNS AWESOME, CAN TURN ON EVERY ELECTRICAL ITEM ON THE CAR AND STILL HAVE TWO OPTIMA BATTERIES AT 13.0 VOLTS !

Sorry, but the alternator was not that big a deal and I thought, just run the extra wire like it says, install the Isolator like it says and off ya go. Hope to post complete picks once all done.

Muahahaha!

peace!(rei)

(woowoo) Lovin' these audio build threads...Great build thread so far...

Lookin' forward to future updates and (pics)

Thanks for sharing! (2thumbs)

New pictures coming soon, once I get my Premacy out the shop and back on the road, having some work done (wink wink) so please stand by....

Peace!(rei)

No big deal...
img2148a.jpg

Whoa... what is that?...
img2150t.jpg

Tada!
img2151hr.jpg

You ask, where is the spare tire???
img2155ug.jpg

Wait what is that down there???
img2161zm.jpg

Holy Hells bells, how did ya do that?
img2162ld.jpg

The wires are temporary until I get $$ for the speakers and boxes and...bla bla... the BOLT there is what holds the spare tire in place, locking washer of course...

img2167p.jpg

That is a little bit, I've done more, but gosh, time is so freaking valuable ... :'(

Sorry took me so long to post more, but once I get rolling this summer, I'll have lots more.

Peace for now ! (rei)

Cool on the tire location, but may I suggest putting the threads inside the car and a wingnut for convenience so you don't have corroded threads to deal with when its time to use it? I can see those threads getting very messed up and lots of cursing under the car on a rainy night!

Cool on the tire location, but may I suggest putting the threads inside the car and a wingnut for convenience so you don't have corroded threads to deal with when its time to use it? I can see those threads getting very messed up and lots of cursing under the car on a rainy night!

Good catch, I thought of that too, there is a thin coating of grease and when I get back to the base auto hobby shop, get her up on the lift, I'm going to check the coating on the body of the car, (Yes I covered and sealed the edge of the hole I made in the body of the car, don't want any rust) and while I'm doing that, I've got plans to put a small screw on cap and clear silicon around the whole thing that will, when needed, just flake off and expose the clean threads.

Surprised no one asked if it rattled, or has come lose, also if I can get to the stem to add air to the spare.

No rattle.

Has not come lose, been like this for two months now. Still tight.

Add air when I put it up on the lift and do oil change.

That is all for now, when I get more done I'll post more.

Peace!(rei)

Sarge, update us on your Premacy. How old, km/miles driven, how long owned, mods so far, $ spent (if you dare), and things gone wrong.

300th post(nana)

Sarge, update us on your Premacy. How old, km/miles driven, how long owned, mods so far, $ spent (if you dare), and things gone wrong.

300th post(nana)

Is there some kind of profile page to list that stuff? I can post here, but it'll get lost in the sauce and I know someone will ask again.

Peace!(rei)

Back