Strats 06/19 Cruise In

Anna-chan

:
2009 CPW MS3 Sport
There will be a large gathering of people from other forums this Friday at Strats (villa park/lombard). Their meet will start 7:30-8:00 and end late. Also there is an opportunity for a cruise down town for pictures and what not. I am hoping to go to this one if people are up for it. (also Ryz is going to this as well so it should prove for an entertaining night)

Last edited:
Very tenatively in. Somewhere between now and Sunday morning I need to put my car back together and finish my homework...

I probably make a showing, 20 mins from my house. But as a regular of Strats here are a few things you guys should know.

1. DO NOT make a left turn at the left turn lane right by Strats if you are going westbound on North Ave., that is only for U-TURNS. Cops will pull you over if you make the left turn into Strats. Keep going straight, at the light (N Ardmore Ave) there is a left turn lane for legal U-turns.

2. DO NOT make a U-turn the light of Villa and North Ave. Cops will pull you over. Pull into Villa Ave and make your U-turn at the gas station.

3. Don't act like a asshat when coming and leaving Strats.

4. Pickup your trash and throw it in the garbage can.

5. Respect and be a patron of Strats, buy their food, I highly recommend their Chocolate Shakes it's MMmmmMMm good.

I will see if I can get the night off. Highly doubtful being that it is a friday night. Also justin if you feel like pulling an all nighter to get your car road worthy again I am down.

Down for either Strats or helping Justin, or ideally both! Justin PM me details if you are going to get the car back together on FRI evening. BTW checked with the Auto Hobby Shop and they don't take oil unless you do the work there. there is a place in Waukeegan/Gurnee that I have dropped oil and other waste products off at. I am looking for detail, but I know you need an appointment.

Last edited:
i saw ryz on the highway a month or so ago but i never seem him post here ...what is strats ? a food place or somethin

i saw ryz on the highway a month or so ago but i never seem him post here ...what is strats ? a food place or somethin

yeah strats is a little diner type place on north ave(i think) just west of 83. They used to have a location down on manhiem and north but they closed that one.

Yeah, he doesn't post here cuz he got banned :D

but anyway, i got a call from Ryz this morning. He's been going the past couple weeks and apparently the place has been packed full of cars. It's mainly the Chii Racing Culture guys out there but it's been 100 + cars spilling into the parking lot across the street. I asked him about the cops and they've been leaving people alone for the most part, aside for checking for insurance, just don't speed and there'll be nothing to worry about.

lol i didnt know he got banned. that sux. but sounds like a fun time...i may join you guys and girls one day

I am for sure that Strats parkinglot will be full or nearly full by the time everyone gets there. Across the street there is a Forest City Auto Parts Store, that parking lot takes sometime to get full, and next door there is a Supreme Lobster Seafood store. I'd say we just park right by the Supreme Lobster sign, so it will be easier to locate everyone.

If I didn't have a packed weekend I would defidently be there. Ryz was talking about the Chii-Culture Strats meets and how crazy they get when I was at the Evolv meet last saturday.

There was an evolv meet last saturday? where??

I only thought there was the one this Saturday (that you backed out of :p)

aricjm15 said:
I will see if I can get the night off. Highly doubtful being that it is a friday night. Also justin if you feel like pulling an all nighter to get your car road worthy again I am down.

solidtrance said:
Down for either Strats or helping Justin, or ideally both! Justin PM me details if you are going to get the car back together on FRI evening. BTW checked with the Auto Hobby Shop and they don't take oil unless you do the work there. there is a place in Waukeegan/Gurnee that I have dropped oil and other waste products off at. I am looking for detail, but I know you need an appointment.

The good news:

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/UR5v0oV5TkE&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/UR5v0oV5TkE&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

The bad news:

I still have a lot of work to do on it. The A/C lines are just kind of flopping around in there, and I have to remember where to mount the third intercooler stud that is sitting on my floor. On top of that, I've got a ton of homework to do this weekend- and the weekend is pretty full up... so I'm thinking I'm going to sit this one out. Thanks for the offers of help, guys.

Back