New Plugs

Hey guys I bought my 02 mp5 used so i have know idea the last time the spark plugs were changed, i know it probably doesn't matter but is there any recommendations on which ones to get?

thanks

NGK BKR5E-11 (stock number 6953)

Those are oem replacement.. no need for anything else unless u are going to boost it.. (platinum/iridium etc not nessecary and just cost way more then what u will ever get out of them)

yes thats a better plug for msp's etc. the 5f11 is for the na cars. its the long reach plug makes it smoove as buttah

I use the 6f11's even tho I'm N/A... Probably makes no difference at all but, I know some people use the 7f11's with boosted setups.

The ZFR6F11's can be used in a NA P5? I'm going to change the plugs on my P5, since I have no indication as to when they were changed last. Want to put only "the best" in my car.

Just remember the "-11" on the P/N indicates the plugs are pre-gapped. When I was N/A (dear God, how long ago was that!?) I ran ZFR5F-11 with no problems. The "-11" refers to a gap of approximately 1.1 mm or .044 inches. For us turbo guys this is too much and if you're like me and don't want to de-gap plugs just get ZFRXF (where X is the heat range) plugs and gap them to whereever you need. The un-gapped plugs are a little harder to find but they aren't any more expensive.

I just replaced the plugs in my P5 with the ZFR5F-11's and I'm pretty happy with the results. Can't really complain for less than $8 and a few minutes of time to pull and replace the plugs.

NGK ZFR5F11
these will make your car idle so much smoother

So the NGK ZFR5F11 is better than the NGK BKR5E-11?
(Even for an 02 protege es, not boosted?)

This may sound stupid but I'm pretty new to the mazda world and slightly retarded.... what does na mean? And whats the difference between na and other mazda cars... ?

So the NGK ZFR5F11 is better than the NGK BKR5E-11?
(Even for an 02 protege es, not boosted?)

This may sound stupid but I'm pretty new to the mazda world and slightly retarded.... what does na mean? And whats the difference between na and other mazda cars... ?

N/A = Naturally Aspirated, no forced induction.

N/A = Naturally Aspirated, no forced induction.

Ha, thanks. I just looked up what naturally aspirated and forced induction mean on wikipedia.

I actually thought N/A meant 'north america'. And I was like ... whats so bad about north american mazdas? Where do you people buy yours, europe?

Ha, I'm retarded. (homework)

Hello everyone,

Sorry for highjacking this post but I was reading and just realised that I changed my sparkplugs with the NGK BKR6EGP, I was told that they would fit my car by the vendor and I am worried a little since you guys recommend the BKR5E-11

Am I still good with thoses or do I need to put on my pissed off face and return theses back to the vendor?

Last edited:
Back