RX-8 Wheels refurbished

VenomDesign

:
Mazda 5 GT Pearl White '07
That's a new word for me "refurbished" (evil)

The day i bought them, with some curb rash (boom08)(argh)
Image086.jpg

Image093.jpg

Image092.jpg

Sanded and primed
Image107.jpg

Just before the paint
Image128.jpg

And the final result
Image131.jpg

Image133.jpg

Image130.jpg

I still need to buy new tires for them. I think i will go with Kumho ecsta spt 225/40R18 (cool)
Stay tuned.

Last edited:
hmmm. not my first choice in color, but I have seen some golden/bronze seems to be pretty popular.

How much for the rims? I'm assuming the tires were shot and your purchase price was really just for the rims right?

I'm all over ebay and craigslist now for RX8 wheels (& tires?).

m.

Red headz, keep an eye on www.rx8club.com as well if you haven't already. There is usually a few sets floating around there. If you can find a set with the tires removed as it's cheaper for shipping if that is the way you are going.

Cheers

Last edited:
I still need to buy new tires for them. I think i will go with Khumo ecsta spt 225/40R18

You should try 235's (as I am) but I think you are lowered aren't you. Maybe safer on 225's.

I sold one set for $300 as well but all four were badly chewed up. l

yeah, better to be safe than sorry.

Post some pics when it is done. Waiting to see what the finished product looks like.

Venom -

Can you give a more detailed description of your sanding process? If I get a set of curbed wheels, what do I need to do?

File, sand, JBWeld if there are any chunks removed?

If all the above, do I need to paint? The RX8 rims, are they painted or just alloys?

michael.

The rims are painted.

I used 80 sandpaper for big srcuffs, then 180, 320. Then i used primer. Sanf primer with 800 (wetsand) and then shoot the paint and clear.

Back