Road Trip to Orange County Choppers - May 1st through 3rd

Captain KRM P5

Contributor
:
2002 BJFW, 2007 BK3P, 1979 SA22C, 2005 BK3P
I'm making the trip to and helping sponsor the Mazda Meet at OCC first weekend of May. If enough brave and devoted of you want to join me, I propose we caravan up there.

For those of you living under a rock, OCC is the shop from the TV show American Chopper. Just to put it out there right now, this in New York state, NOT orange county, california. Tends to make travel planning a bit different knowing that beforehand.

I don't expect to roll twenty deep up there, its alot to ask to make a 13 hour trip for anyone. What I will say is that it should be a great meet, fun time and great experience to see the shop, the crew and fellow Mazda people. This is five weeks of advanced notice, which unless you work for the Marine Corps, should be ample notice to get the time off.

So who's in? We'll be meeting up with Terbow from Ohio on the way there, and he's a pretty stand up guy that doesn't bite unless provoked.

What the hell are we even gonna do out there? Start a fight with Jesse Ventura? I might go. Pending on mah money / weather situation. Ideally, i'll drive top down to NY.

Count me in. I'll take the bridge to California, then book it through 10 states and meet up with you in Illinois.

When you planning a meet over in the Aloha state?

btw, if you want tshirts made, shoot me an email with a design and I will see what I can do with the local companies.

One of the firefighters from my dad's firehouse owns his own T-shirt company. I'm sure he can give us a great deal!!
This sounds fun, I'll check my work schedule

Sounds like fun, but I doubt I'll be able to go due to school and work. On a side note, Jason Pool (sp?) their graphics guy, I went to the Art Institute with him in Schaumburg. I might have had a class with him when I first got there (we were diff majors and only a few gen ed classed are with mulitple majors), I definitely remember seeing him in the hallways.

The idea of meeting with me was if he came alone. If more come I'll meet you guys somewheree in the middle. I'd never expect you to make a long trip longer . Unless you go a whole different way.

I'd be willing to take unpaid time from work... it hinges on school more than anything- that weekend is dangerously close to finals.

That being said, I've got friends and family alllllll around the area and could definitely put us up for a few nights.

count me in. can we make new protegegarage tshirts?
My friend does screen printing, if that is what you are looking for. He can do up to 3 colors, but he normally sticks to 1- 2. Let me know if you are interested. We can definitely work out a good deal. :) They usually do big jobs, and he prints shirts for his Skate shop, the Board Boutique here in champaign.

Last edited:
I'd be willing to take unpaid time from work... it hinges on school more than anything- that weekend is dangerously close to finals.

+1 on that. I have to go consult my schedule. I don't think I get out until the end of the 1st or 2nd week of May... hmm

Latest posts

Back