Bov Help

amilliems6

:
MazdaSpeed6
which bov are you guys running?

which would you prefer because im in the process of gettin a cobb sri, su engine mount with solid shifter spacers and a bov but undecided which 1

i dont want one that makes a lot of sound or a rice type of sound..

so let me know what you guys have or what you would prefer.

dont flame this thread please

You won't get a lot of flame, but you will likely get lots of different opinions. Sound is always going to be a matter of personal taste and opinion. I run the HKS. I think it sounds great. Others will say they hate it and like the sound of theirs. I think just about any of the aftermarket pieces are going to sound louder than stock, even in recirc (which is recommended, especially if you are looking for LESS sound).

Personally, I think the focus should be on quality of the part, and that it performs its intended function well. Search up on the different BOVs on the forum and see what others say. In the end, you will not really know until you slap it on for yourself and try it out, unless you can hit up a meet with lots of other drivers and hear their cars in person. Just my .02

Well first of all make sure you know the difference between a BOV and a BPV. These cars are designed to use BPV's and the car will run better that way. As far as aftermarket BOV's are conscerned, most will work fine. Just stay away from ebay noname brands.

The forge bpv is very popular, works great, and is cheap but it is noisy when your in boost. Has a distinct "ping" sword clashing sound.

I would just go on youtube and hear the different BOV's in recirculation mode.

HKS SSQV BOV
Forge bpv
Greddy type rs
Turbosmart

Aftermarket BOV's will make more noise than the stocker. HKS is a quality piece (although expensive) and sounds subtle and "classy" (if that makes sense) in both VTA / recirc modes.

thanks for your opinion guys..

ive been looking at the HKS Universal Super Sequential BOV SSQV from SU and it 200$ so not bad...

the forge is a stock oem metal replacement more or less, it makes whatever sounds the stock bpv makes, but like coy said, instead of plastic snaping together, you hear a metal 'sword clashing' sound. it is overwhelming inside the car sometimes. it is high quality, and is tunable with many different mods.

the hks ssq is a high quality and respected brand peice. it is very up to date on build and technological advancement in turbocharging, BUT it sounds the absolute riciest of the bunch because it is a unniversal build attached to a MS6 bolt on kit so it goes on Eclipses and Civics just the same with a different bolt on kit. swooooosh tweet, swoooosh tweet, or in recirc you get a sped up turkey call.

turbosmart is the highest quality, most expensive, and most designed specifically for the MS6. although it is also a universal build with a bolt on kit attached, it comes in large size if you dont mind making small cuts to the intercooler shroud (worked fine for some) or you have a FMIC, or it comes in compact size and fits perfectly (no difference in performance). It is a half and half BOV and BPV, It sounds the most normal and indescript of all the choices, you hear a crisp metal "PASH" much like a commercial truck. it is also very easily tunable. and its pretty bulletproof.

these are the top 3 choices i'd say. anything else you may be taking risks. even these, you are taking risks. the stock bpv works, and once you have an intake, you can hear it very well, and it is not ILLEGAL.

i love the ZING from the forge :) but thats just me.

oh well.. see thats the thing. i dont kno much about bov well i do but just never experienced one myself since this is my first car. I just dont want the annoying riced out bov that make sound everytime u switch gear..

you guys kno what i mean?.. i am looking at the hks ssqv though

with the hks as long as you keep it out fo boost while u shift u wont hear anything. .and it has a beautiful sound when u do want it :)

Go with a black Forge. Stealth and easy install, and one of the cheaper options.

In my opinion, a BPV is far from rice. The part does actually give it a performance gain, and the sound is just a byproduct.

Back