Inaugural Mazdateam Cycling Extravaganza

Fear

Banned
This will be held Sunday, July 12 -- meeting point is my house in orland. PM for number/directions.

I know a few of us have spoken about this (Andy.), and since the warm weather is coming sooner or later, maybe this should be somewhat planned out.

Not everyone has a mountain/road/cross/BMX bike, so a location/route that is acceptable to ride on any kind of bike is going to be key. Roads are going to be s*** after this winter, so maybe a longer bike path ride somewhere would be a good answer. In true MT fashion, add yourself to the list, and what kind of bike(s) you have available to ride.

1. Fear - road/bmx

Last edited:
1. Fear - road/bmx
2. dexter - fixed road

lets do this. i agree about the roads being s***. trail sounds good; havent been to bemis woods bike trail in years, wouldnt mind revisting.

or...a critical mass? cmon, be chicagoan, break the law.

Mass might be kinda intimidating for some people. Not a bad idea, though -- although the timing might also suck for anyone who doesn;t work in the city.

I could see it being intimidating...but we're all big boys and girls, eh? Its only bad if you're kinda retarded and push your agenda. if you just come out to ride, its all good. just always keep in the back of your mind that you may have to bail extra hard if cops show up.

the only time ive ever had to bail is when a cop cought me drinking beer while riding. i actually held onto the beer as i hauled ass away. downed it in an alley and pitched it. came back to mass. lol

I need to practice but I can tag a long with the long board. I wouldn't mind doing crit. mass either. there are a bunch of long board peeps that i know that usually cruise around with the bikers.

1. Fear - road/bmx
2. dexter - fixed road
3. StarvingRussian - Wheels
4. Anna-chan - road (smooooottth)

1. Fear - road/bmx
2. dexter - fixed road
5. iracemine
6. familia323 - hybrid (but it acts like a little b**** on anything but smooth)

I'd be down for hauling my s*** up there sometime to ride with you guys. What is this critical mass you speak of?

on a side note.... I need another bike that isn't a pussy hybrid. Something more off road/bad road capable. .... Discuss....

1. Fear - road/bmx
2. dexter - fixed road
5. iracemine
6. familia323 - hybrid (but it acts like a little b**** on anything but smooth)

I'd be down for hauling my s*** up there sometime to ride with you guys. What is this critical mass you speak of?

on a side note.... I need another bike that isn't a pussy hybrid. Something more off road/bad road capable. .... Discuss....

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Critical_Mass

You need a bike like I hooked Andy up with -- Specialized Crosstrail.

Let me know what your budget is.

http://www.specialized.com/bc/SBCBkModel.jsp?spid=38464&eid=125

I like this bike a lot, the weather needs to improve so I can ride it more.

Back