2002 Protege5 slow/low
COilovers
STA60007-4.jpg

STA60001-1.jpg

install pics:
OLd New
STA60001_1-2.jpg

Initial Review
I put these things on without lowering them then and putting the dampening to 15 front 15 back. These thing handle very well. no question about it.. its amazing for loss of a better word. i beleive this is what i will leave it set too. At this setting ride quality is excellent. much better then stock. the ride is even smoother and you still have a ton of handling... i also fiddled around with full hard setting... jeez full race ready.. this was a harsh ride but the performance. magnifique! so thats that for now... droped the back half inch today...need to go lower.. one last thing is that i am hearing some sort of....noiseeee......ive read about these and gnna go check everything in the front cause thats the only place making noise. Havent messed with anything with the front.. only the rears.. but i also know that when you do things like this to your car your gunna hear some noise...more to come..

Update time: 2/27/09 ALl is well in the land of coilovers... still havent gone all the way down but plan to.. just neeed time..time went to putting the trunk back together... i decided on final dampening which is 15 front 15 rear. ya. just what happend. but i like it alot. not to rough. Feels more planted to the ground. Other then that the front clunking has gone away.. my thought is that it might have been the new front endlinks working themselves in... maybe? So of course new sounds...squeaking in the rear... sounds like bad bushings maybe? any other idea..it happens when i have to jdm angle over somthing slowly. You hear a distinctive squeaking as i move.. Also if i shake the car it squeaks in the rear..other then that still love em!! LOwer to come.

Update 4/12/09 My front driverside enlink bolt came off... dont know how long it has been like that..but i couldnt feel any difference...weird...put a new one on.. other then that they are beautiful still...and i decided to lower them allllll the way down. ya. its nice. There was no seizing at all..just sprayed them down with water and wiped'em... the spaners spinned no problem..and everything looked as if they were brand new.. Ive realized why i have clunking and what not..its so obvious..cross member bars hitting the rear endlinks... Still feelin good.

STA60073.jpg

STA60001_3-1.jpg

STA60043.jpg

more pics throughout the thread..

Last edited:
Nice setup. I'm still trying to decide if I should rebuild my Ksports or pick up a set of these.

hahaha

how does it feeling gettin that off your chest? we can get that s*** done after school tomorrow

they have been installed!! pics tomorrow. hopefully.. big thanks to jcell and flamsp.

Did you get the extenders also???

I want BC's sooo bad. i just need money.

I don't think it would be best for us (northern) since streets are very poorly maintained and many pot holes that will make you change your mind in hart beet. I believe most of PA is same as NJ (almost ****** up roads bc of salt used every winter).

My body got a set of ground controls on his A4 w/ bilstein shocks and it was very sensitive to small road bumps and what not until he sold the ground control and put upgraded lower springs and shocks.
I didn't believe him until I sat on A4 and we drove around town , it was very very sensitive and would kill your hart every time you felt one of those pot holes.

Just my .02 , don't get me wrong I was going to get them as well but every time i go over pot holes I think twice about coil overs.

pics tonight.. but so far they are awesome of course.. there are at 15 everywhere for dampening now.. gnnna go to hardest later today... but so far!!! AWESOME those turns dont know what hit them.. they are a good drop right out of the box what is what its at now.. pics of that later and more to come... plus more drop :)

just drove around with the back on the hardest and front on medium... its raining outside and i can barely get the car to go out of control... seriosly its amazing. the car just wants to stick

its raining outside and i can barely get the car to go out of control...
what part of trying to get the car out of control on a wet surface sounded like a good idea at the time???

wasnt really trying.. just seeing what the limit is in the rain.. its a far limit. and dont worry done on closed road..

Back