MS3's running VTA

240ka

Banned
:
09 Mazdaspeed 3 metrograymica
how well are yalls cars running in VTA mode? what have yall done to get the car to run ok in VTA mode?

i had mine in VTA for a day, and then put my stock till i got a recirc fitting for it. It ran like s***, but sounded sweet. But its not worth it, i still hear the BPV just as loud as if it was a BOV

Only real way to do it without problems (that I have seen) is with the StandBack. Otherwise, you'll have rough idle, jerky shifts, backfiring, and stalling issues.

I ran VTA for 6 months with CPE CAI and HKS BOV... Only issues I had were some gnarley backfires and jerky shifts

I have a HKS SSQV in VTA and the car runs absolutly fine. Sounds great and I am very happy that I went with the HKS, there was no adjusting any thing. Just installed and that was it.

HKS SSQ vta sounds really nice and there are no idle issues, but much rougher shifts and backfires do exists. Think I'll be going back to recirculated myself. Any other valve VTA (cause I have practically tried all of them) suck... a lot!! Especially the GReddy valves

i will add to this. I've been running Greddy RS blow off valve VTA for a month now and was doin fine, idling fine, sounding great, etc. I went and bought a plug to cap the recirc tube which allowed the car to run fine. But recently, ive noticed the car driving like s***!!!! the rougher shifts are killing me, it makes driving the car normally almost impossible. Sometimes the rpms fall quite a bit coming off so you have to rev it up a little higher for the clutch to engage and it just feels like it has a hesitation when I shift. I do not like that, so I am ordering the greddy rs recirculation fitting tomorrow and getting my car back to normal. I don't recommend the VTA.

i always switch between vta and recirc, vta runs fine, backfires (sweet) and somewhat jerky shifts but u gota learn to shift it. the reason the shifts jerk is because the rpms drop off faster when u push in teh clutch, so u have to make the shift faster than normal.

i always switch between vta and recirc, vta runs fine, backfires (sweet) and somewhat jerky shifts but u gota learn to shift it. the reason the shifts jerk is because the rpms drop off faster when u push in teh clutch, so u have to make the shift faster than normal.

Seems like a ridiculous effort to change the way you drive for some exhaust pops and loud chirping noises.

VTA is sweet if you wanna show off or your on the strip and have to shift fast anyway, but for the day to day hell no, if you drive city itl almost stall every time you come to a stop.

I have been running the Greddy type-s VTA for a few weeks now. Let's just say it is ridiculously loud and sounds amazing. I also have the ETS tmic, and the turbo inlet and a cold air intake among other mods so everything in the engine sounds very loud.

When I first did it, the car had some rough shifting (especially in stop and go traffic) which were a pain and I hated that, but it seems like the car has grown used to it and gone away. I have no CEL on the car with vta which is also great.

I took the idea from b-ron who also has the greddy type-s running it vta and shoved a D battery into the end of the recirc tube to plug it and it works fine. There is some slight hesitation in shifting, as in little bit of jerks, but I think I have gotten over that and I am used to it so I dont feel much of anything.

I will say that I have a decrease in mpg currently, which sucks, but it might be from the turbo inlet i installed as opposed to the vta, but I dont know. I do also get some backfiring every now and then, which my wife dislikes but I dont mind a bit or it.

Overall I would not necessarily recommend VTA, it's really only good for the sound it makes, tho the car doesnt seem to run as smooth when it is vented. As far as stalling issues, it has stalled a few times in reverse, but only because the shifts can be jerky at times and you are reversing at such low speed with very little throttle tapping, so you have to monitor your rpms and your gas pedal/clutch while reversing. But like I said I am used to that stuff now. But if anyone wants to get a freakin loud as hell bov, the greddy type-s in vta is ridiculous... RICEY but fun, and I seriously need to make a video driving through a tunnel to show how loud this thing is.

Back