So look what just happed....

:
13 MX-5
So 20 minutes ago I was going to go for a drive and while I was shifting, my shifter felt a little awkward. So I decided to drive back home and what do you know, the shaft came loose and I had to shift it from the base. So when I got home, this is what it looked like:

BrokenShifter1.jpg

BrokenShifter2.jpg

And tomorrow morning, I'm going to take it the the dealership before work. Wack....

Last edited:
Whoa... You're strong. Easy on the "spirited" driving. =)

And we were laughing at the evo guys because their pedals were snapping.

The thing is, I wasn't driving hard, just normal. The past few days, my shifter has felt weird. Going into reverse has been semi-difficult.

Damn "Armstrong". I'm sure you're right-handed. lol
Better start looking for a titanium shifter.
Covered under warranty???

Haha I'm not that strong. Yeah, I'm still under warranty being only at 13,700 miles. This s*** better be covered. I wasn't even driving hard either!

You just happened to have that one piece of metal where it's weakest location snapped. Do tell the dealer comments after.

get sts it took them 1 motn to replace my cat after telling them whats wrong and giving them codes dealers suck they will tell you that you abuse your car....

Wow, you got a fracture in there at some point and it just finally gave way. NIce job! Is that the TWM or stock? If stock, time for the TWM sounds like to me!

Wow, I don't know what to say. And here I was nervous I was messing up the shifter when I was rotating the shift knob back on to the stock shifter, thinking I could break something loose, you broke the shifter clean off!

Back