any off the shelf items for 1.6?

kqlasr

hey guys,
can you post up links to items and performance parts for the 1.6.
i seriously cant find much.

Last edited:
well there is the 1.6 obx header, there is the Weapon R secret weapon intake, the simota intake, you'll need to use your imagination and some diy mods to get good NA power out of the 1.6, i just bought the Racingbeat suspension kit with the sway bars and springs for my 1.6

hey guys,
can you post up links to items and performance parts for the 1.6.
i seriously cant find much.

Car - 2003 1.6cc ZM-DE Manual (JDM Spec) Max 10k RPM
Mods - Mazdaspeed Drop in Air Fliter, , Skimmed Lighten flywheel,
Wilwood 4 pot caliper, Carbon Fiber Bonnet (SEIBON), Boot, fender & 4 Doors. Carbonetic Carbon Clutch Twin Plate. JUN valve retainers. Brandless Torque Damper.

well there is the 1.6 obx header, there is the Weapon R secret weapon intake, the simota intake, you'll need to use your imagination and some diy mods to get good NA power out of the 1.6, i just bought the Racingbeat suspension kit with the sway bars and springs for my 1.6

Best to use INJEN cai.

The injen pipe diameter is too large for the stock Maf sensor, so it causes some serious hesitation issues with the car, if you want to use the injen intake you will need to replace your MAF sensor with the one from the toyota celica GTS, (thats what i read all over the net, so never took the chance)..by the way, i installed the mazdaspeed/racingbeat springs today, the car handles much better, hitting corners much higher speeds now with minimal or no body roll...

i plan on removing the 1.6 zm some time soon and replacing it with the 1.5 zl-ve, which at stock puts out 130 hp,,,am tired of the drone zm-de

The injen pipe diameter is too large for the stock Maf sensor, so it causes some serious hesitation issues with the car, if you want to use the injen intake you will need to replace your MAF sensor with the one from the toyota celica GTS, (thats what i read all over the net, so never took the chance)..by the way, i installed the mazdaspeed/racingbeat springs today, the car handles much better, hitting corners much higher speeds now with minimal or no body roll...

i plan on removing the 1.6 zm some time soon and replacing it with the 1.5 zl-ve, which at stock puts out 130 hp,,,am tired of the drone zm-de

Hmm... Most of my friends are using INJEN. No problem at all. If you really intend to play NA 1.5 ZL-VE. It would be the best.

If you really hardcore or go to track, coilovers would be the best choice. (yippy)

1.5 ze?
whats that from?

The ZM engine is also known as the Z6, it is the evolution of the Z5 with round intake and exhaust ports.

The 1.5L (1498 cc, 130 hp) ZL-VE and 1.6 L (1598 cc, 109 hp) ZM-DE are closely related engines with an equal bore (78mm) and share some major parts (e.g. crank). The ZL has a stroke of 78.4mm whilst the ZM has 83.6mm. The ZL makes more power, in its high end ZL-VE form, then its larger displacement version due to variable valve timing on the intake cam (s-vt).

Hope it helps.

I made the Celica Maf swap, and is a worthwhile improvement over the slow metering Mazda Maf.
You can also slap the ZL-VE head to the ZM-DE short block and it will make even more power.

i made up my mind, next week i'm going to buy the zl-ve head, i have a friend who can source the ecu and the harness for me, i intend to have the exhaust ports polished will post pics of the head when i get it.

i made up my mind, next week i'm going to buy the zl-ve head, i have a friend who can source the ecu and the harness for me, i intend to have the exhaust ports polished will post pics of the head when i get it.

Woo... looks cool. This really would bean eye-opener for everybody here.

yeah, i am head hunting, the guys here are giving me hell, they dont want to sell me a head alone, they are trying to hawk head and block to me, but i'll get it, as soon as i do i will post a pic, i've been really busy with work recently, plus my mazda 3 is in the shop, being re-painted from a fender bender, plus i re-did the body kit, front and rear i put kenstyle trims, and the sides i did custom...am painting it in the original phantom purple mica(34n) and i'm using violet ice pearl from house of kolor in the PPG Global klear coat...should be done next weekend, cant wait

Back