2003-04 Mazda 6 REMOTE PROGRAMMING

Siphen

:
Mazda3S 5-Door Mica Black
Well, my wife managed to loose both FOB's that came with her 6.

I heard a nasty rumor that you need at least one working remote to program a new one, any way around this?

I have a new FOB I picked up but stealership is a joke with what they want to charge me to program it.

If anyone has a way to program a new remote entry without having an existing one, I would be eternally grateful.

These directions only work if you have an existing working FOB.

Step 1: Open drivers door and leave open.

Step 2: Lock and unlock the drivers door using the power door lock switch on the door.

Step 3: Insert key into the ignition.

Step 4: Turn key to on position and return to off position. (IMPORTANT - use ON position NOT ACC position). Do this 3 times within 10 seconds. Leave key in the ignition.

Step 5: Open and close the drivers door 3 times. (Door should be left open after this step).

Step 6: ECU should respond by locking and unlocking the doors.

Step 7: Press any button on remote #1 twice. ECU responds by locking and unlocking the car doors.

Step 8: Press any button on remote #2 (etc.) twice. Each time the ECU will respond by locking & unlocking the doors.

Step 9: Remove the key from the ignition and the ECU will respond a final time with a series of door locks and unlocks.

Unfortunately your going to have to go to the dealership on this one. There is no way around having to use the Mazda diag puter to program a remote if you dont have a existing one...

2 things

I used this process for a CX7 08, work for the keyless, but not for the engine, i made the key cut, turn the ignition but does not start the engine.

Do you jow to program the key to start?

Also i messed something in the programing and heard 3 horns instead 3 door locks, does somebody knows whats that for?

Back