Front Grille/Emblem Removal?

sensinitas

:
08 Mazda 5
Hey guys - I want to paint the Mazda logo emblems on the front and the back of my 5. I believe the rear emblem will come off with a hair dryer and some dental floss, but the front I think can be snapped in and out (correct me if I'm wrong). Has anyone done this or have any information on the removal process?

I messed with the grille a little bit yesterday, but it almost seems to be a part of the front bumper, meaning I'll have to take the entire thing off to get the emblem off...

Any help is appreciated!

I believe it's a complete piece connected to the bumper with clips, I'll have to look again, I have a spare bumper in my garage, so I can look and see.

you CAN remove it. but it's not snapped in. you need to take 3 screws out from back.
hope this pic will help you...
n515083352_549952_5287.jpg

Last edited:
you CAN remove it. but it's not snapped in. you need to take 3 screws out from back.
hope this pic will help you...
n515083352_549952_5287.jpg

Yea...I could feel the screws behind the emblem when I was messing with it. But to get the screws out, I need to get the grille off. So that's where I'm stuck.

if you are just want to take off this emblem, i managed to take it off with out taking front bumper off.
it might be better to take bumper off, if you are not sure and don't wanna damage anything.

if you are just want to take off this emblem, i managed to take it off with out taking front bumper off.
it might be better to take bumper off, if you are not sure and don't wanna damage anything.

I'm wondering if you can just remove the grille. Can anyone confirm this for me? I didn't see any way of taking the emblem off without getting behind the grille somehow.

I might be willing to sell. The extra set I have I was going to paint black because I ordered them online, and they came in 2 different shades. They were supposed to be the GT tail lights, one of them is the GT black, the other is the same one I already have, chrome. The seller wouldn't respond to my emails, that's one major problem I've had with trying to modify this car (nobody sells parts for it, so I'm forced to rely on online companies, sigh) , so I was going to paint them flat black. If you're interested in them, I'd consider any offer. I also have some other stuff, but they're from an 07. I even have an extra front bumper if you want it, that way you have more options with body kit parts. You could even try and see what parts fit from my 07 will work on you're 08. I haven't installed anything yet, so we could dry fit them. I have a front lip, rear lip, spoiler, HIDs and eyebrows, camber kit, and coilovers (if they ever get delivered, I hate ordering online!). Let me know, I'm down in MV.

Last edited:
I might be willing to sell. The extra set I have I was going to paint black because I ordered them online, and they came in 2 different shades. They were supposed to be the GT tail lights, one of them is the GT black, the other is the same one I already have, chrome. The seller wouldn't respond to my emails, that's one major problem I've had with trying to modify this car (nobody sells parts for it, so I'm forced to rely on online companies, sigh) , so I was going to paint them flat black. If you're interested in them, I'd consider any offer. I also have some other stuff, but they're from an 07. I even have an extra front bumper if you want it, that way you have more options with body kit parts. You could even try and see what parts fit from my 07 will work on you're 08. I haven't installed anything yet, so we could dry fit them. I have a front lip, rear lip, spoiler, HIDs and eyebrows, camber kit, and coilovers (if they ever get delivered, I hate ordering online!). Let me know, I'm down in MV.

I might be interested in a few things.

No one can tell me if the bumper and grille are one or two pieces?

Oh, I forgot to look at my extra bumper. I think the grill was attached to the bumper, it was just the emblem that was separate.... but once again mine was the older model...so it might be different....But I'll check next time I'm at my the storage unit. PM me a good time to come see the parts. That way I can take them out of storage so you can see them. You could try to fit them first.

Well so I spent the second half of my Saturday last weekend painting the emblems black. Since I couldn't get to the screws behind the front emblem, I took the whole front bumper off. Once I took the screws out, I found out that the emblem isn't even screwed in. It's snapped in by five snaps - one on top, one on each side, and two on the bottom. You can only get to the top snap from behind the emblem. So I basically forced the thing out, breaking the two snaps on the side. But it's no problem because the top and two bottom snaps hold the emblem in just fine.

I opted for some flat black and here are the results:

Close up front (I just washed the car so the emblem is still a little wet around the edges)
IMG00048.jpg

Close up rear
IMG00047.jpg

IMG00056.jpg

IMG00052.jpg

I'm happy with it. (boobs)

Back