7's & 8's Meeting 2008. Top tuners battle for the WIN!

Antoine

Administrator
That's right...The "7's & 8's Meeting" happened a little earlier than expected this year and it was AWESOME once again...despite horrible weather conditions.

This event is definitely for the hardcore...It was basically for the top Mazda tuners from all over Japan to battle eachother on the track for bragging rights, car/part development and most of all FUN!

*Notice pics are linked to my Flickr page as per Flickr's policy.

The crappy weather conditions kept out only but the most hardcore fans...90% of the people there were the tuners, their crews and their drivers.

The entire day consisted of nothing but racing...no show and shine...every car brought there was there to race! They had various classes including one for just tuner RX-8s!

Well enough chit chat...Let's get on with the pics!

For more on this amazing ride...Checkout my other thread: ALL-OUT Racing Cosmo in the FLESH! w/ Pics & Vids!

Interesting front-end there...;)

Hard to miss...

My ride in good company :D

They didn't waste anytime making a bunch of parts for the new Demio!

Autoexe's RX-8 and MPV!

Yes...That's the 4-Rotor custom bodied RX-7 by Scoot in the distance...just chillin there :)

Scoot action close up...Ooohhh Yeaaahh!

Knight Sports RX-8...Notice the air jack and the rotor shaped exhaust tip!...IT's NICE! :D

The infamous RX-7/RX-8 Fusion-mobile...and it's for sale! Checkout my previous youtube clip: http://youtube.com/watch?v=yX2e2muM2wM
2486770532_e7bdd6c737_o.jpg

Panspeed RX-8...This beast didn't run with the other RX-8s...It ran with the big dawgs in the all-out race class!

Legsport pit area...Notice the latest gen RX-8 in the background...It was slightly modded and looked awesome lowered on racing rims!

Some Mazdas ready for a tour of the track...You have to follow a saftey car at normal speeds but it seems like fun!

I know...looks like a total stalker pic but the bad point about this track is that it's really difficult to get some good shots from the stands...I was walking by when I noticed the chick on the track...Didn't have time to get a clear shot...but I love how it's not even a race queen...but a "French Maid"...lol...only in Japan! (2thumbs)

Ready...set...go! Notice the lack of peeps in the stands...Everyone was too busy RACING to sit in the stands.

The final RX-8 Tuner Battle...

You can't have a REAL Rotary race without the "French maid" shots...:p
2493876539_096727a66f_o.jpg

REVOLUTION's entry in the RX-8 Tuner race...

Knight Sports entry in the RX-8 Tuner race...sorry the pic is a bit fuzzy!

RE Amemiya's latest gen RX-8 entry in the RX-8 Tuner race...

Auto Craft's (dark orange) and Fujita Engineering's RX-8 entries in the RX-8 Tuner race...

Leg Motor Sport's (blue) and PRO Staff R Magic's RX-8 entries in the RX-8 Tuner race...

I'VE GOT TONS OF HD video of the event including some sweet racing clips coming soon...It'll be a little while but the wait should be worth it...Just imagine the above pics in motion until I can get the vids online. (thumb)

Thanks for checking out my thread! :D

Very cool. If you could only see the shade of green that I am right now!
Your own ride looks great, too.

any more pics of the french maid?!!!!!! :)

man those rx-7s and cosmos (all two of them) were amazing someday i hope to go to japan to see those maybe by then i'll be rich enough to bring my car over

Awesome pics Antoine, but quick question. Got any more pics of the Knight Sports RX8 and the RE Amemiya RX8 back there? Those are the ones I love the most..but least pictures I can find of. :( Let me know. Thanks bud.

No other FC's?? NOOOOOOO HOW CAN THAT BEEEEEEEEEEEE????!!!!!!!

I'll stay tunned.......

Last edited:
Back