Captain KRM P5

Contributor
:
2002 BJFW, 2007 BK3P, 1979 SA22C, 2005 BK3P

Attachments

• plugnplayxedems6.jpg
    plugnplayxedems6.jpg
    33.7 KB · Views: 524
yes it would. the factory setup is very consevrative compared to what you can tune with the XEDE. you'll have full control of boost, fuel and ignition spark. the unit comes mapped for a basically stock car and you'll see gains right out of the box. of course there is more potential with modifications.

Does the XEDE allow fuel-pump specific tuning? TB Control capability? Ready to ship?

I am exploring my options, but in the market.. I have the CP-e ems sitting n my garage, first ones released but idk whats the best without spending $1500+ for a standalone... can I get your honest opinion?

thats not a black and white question. both systems have thier merits. we have experience tuning both but definetely moreso with the XEDE. in the end they are both interceptor systems with the limitations and capabilities that interceptors have.

there is no reason why the XEDE cannot take advantage of larger fuel pumps, etc. there is not a specific menu for fuel pressure but you be able to manage injector timing and fuel flow through adjusting the MAF values once more fuel pressure is available to you. no system has throttle control as of yet. thats something best suited to a standalone or complex add on, neither of which has been developed. you can partially tune around this by holding more boost longer into the RPM range but in the end the throttle plate cannot be overridden. you can control fuel, timing, clamp the MAP signal, datalog results, control boost and just about everything 90% of the people want from most systems.

we've able to get just shy of 400lb/ft of torque on the dyno, stock engine, stock fuel system, pump gas, no methanol and a 12.8 second 1/4 mile time with a 1.8 60ft. there is no argument to made about 'usable horsepower' here when you have those numbers. these are not numbers easily, if at all, replicated by any mazdaspeed6 out there with any assortment of modifications. thats the best testament i can give to the XEDE and its the number one reason why we have stuck with the system, because we have gotten results from it and continue to do so.

if we get further into it will we outgrow the system? naturally i think so, and by the time we get to that point I think there will be newer, better and more expensive options in a standalone market.

does this come with a cd for your laptop or computer ????

yes we have software to tune the XEDE called XMAP. the only thing you will need for use is a laptop with a serial port or a serial to usb conversion cable.

Ken, can you please make a graph comparing the XEDE to Standback?
Can and cant's or does and dosent's?

they literally both do the exact same thing. the interface is obviously different bewteen the two units. both of them can control timing and fuel. both of them can set RPM/load based boost spikes. both of them control boost. both of them can clamp the MAP output voltage to help prevent boost/fuel cut. both of them have the ability to datalog in real time. the standback's interface is probably more user friendly for the uninitiated when it comes to engine management.

I wrote this at noon today after Dave's post but then killed it b/c I didn't want to start anything. I wanted to see the table. They are not the same thing...

The standback:
controls fueling with a 30 x 30 table that is rpm vs. MAFv, rpm vs TPSv, or RPM vs MAP - user selectable

controls fuel pressure with a 30 x 30 table that is rpm vs. MAFv, rpm vs TPSv, or RPM vs MAP - user selectable

controls a secondary fuel system with a 30 x 30 table that is rpm vs. MAFv, rpm vs TPSv, or RPM vs MAP - user selectable that can be set up to run a Meth injection or a secondary set of fuel injectors in the intake

controls timing with a 30 x 30 table that is rpm vs. MAFv, rpm vs TPSv, or RPM vs MAP - user selectable

controls boost pressure with a 30 x 30 table that is rpm vs. MAFv, rpm vs TPSv, or RPM vs MAP - user selectable

Has real-time monitoring of any 4 of the 38 logged variables

Can play back datalogged variables in programming software

Can export the datalog for viewing with any graphing software capable of reading .csv or comma separated values.

Future developments:
Can be attached to a PMP module that has a 3-D accelerometer and a GPS antenna for datalogging actual position, velocity, acceleration, etc. and the associated G forces with each.

Throttle plate control

Individual injector control

Plug and Play harnesses for the Mazdaspeed6 are finally here. For those of you that don't know, this is the system we use on our Mazdaspeed6 with great results.

http://www.mazdas247.com/forum/showthread.php?t=123680546
http://www.mazdas247.com/forum/showthread.php?t=123688302

Now, no more wire chopping, no more warranty worry and simpler install. Just unplug the ECU, plug in the XEDE and ECU into the harness and away you go!

Retail on this system is tentatively set at $1099 shipped.

Will you ship to Canada for the same price ? Is it in stock ?
I will dyno test my car marsh 25 so may be i will need ems ?

Dada, thats exactly what I'm looking for! I asked Ken as I know he sells both and has a great relationship with CPe.

I didn't think that a comparison would "start anything" negative, but I realise that Ken has more history with Xede.

I tried finding out more on the Xede unit with a Google search but couldnt come up with much.

They both look to be about the same price overall.

Biggest thing that is pushing me to standback is the connection to a laptop, the way I understand so far is the Xede uses a old style serial connection. I thought they were dropped from anything computer related over 10 years ago.

I would still like to see some kind of graph comparing the 2.

Or, where can I find out the same info that dada posted about the Xede?

Last edited:
I wrote this at noon today after Dave's post but then killed it b/c I didn't want to start anything. I wanted to see the table. They are not the same thing...

The standback:
controls fueling with a 30 x 30 table that is rpm vs. MAFv, rpm vs TPSv, or RPM vs MAP - user selectable

controls fuel pressure with a 30 x 30 table that is rpm vs. MAFv, rpm vs TPSv, or RPM vs MAP - user selectable

controls a secondary fuel system with a 30 x 30 table that is rpm vs. MAFv, rpm vs TPSv, or RPM vs MAP - user selectable that can be set up to run a Meth injection or a secondary set of fuel injectors in the intake

controls timing with a 30 x 30 table that is rpm vs. MAFv, rpm vs TPSv, or RPM vs MAP - user selectable

controls boost pressure with a 30 x 30 table that is rpm vs. MAFv, rpm vs TPSv, or RPM vs MAP - user selectable

Has real-time monitoring of any 4 of the 38 logged variables

Can play back datalogged variables in programming software

Can export the datalog for viewing with any graphing software capable of reading .csv or comma separated values.

Future developments:
Can be attached to a PMP module that has a 3-D accelerometer and a GPS antenna for datalogging actual position, velocity, acceleration, etc. and the associated G forces with each.

Throttle plate control

Individual injector control

ok to be 100% fair, in the fine details they are different so i apologize for that. thank you for pointing this out in the manner and tone that you did.

however in terms of what they both functionally do, they both control timing, they both control fuel, they both control boost, they both can clamp the MAP to mitigate the fuel cut, they both datalog and can display operating conditions in real time and can export results including wideband results. in terms of how you tune i will freely admit the standback is more user friendly for the less experienced.

i will gladly offer the PnP harness to standback owners for $225 shipped as well.

Last edited:
Well that's pretty sweet. PNP Standback for $825 from PG, as opposed to $1050 from cpe. You just have to splice the harness yourself.

Last edited:
ok to be 100% fair, in the fine details they are different so i apologize for that. thank you for pointing this out in the manner and tone that you did.

however in terms of what they both functionally do, they both control timing, they both control fuel, they both control boost, they both can clamp the MAP to mitigate the fuel cut, they both datalog and can display operating conditions in real time and can export results including wideband results. in terms of how you tune i will freely admit the standback is more user friendly for the less experienced.

i will gladly offer the PnP harness to standback owners for $225 shipped as well.

That's like saying the miniceptor and the PROcede are the basically the same.

They're not. The standback can do more, clearly. YOu sell both. You have a duty to your customers to be fair and impartial. The standback beats the XEDE in every function that the XEDE has (30x30 tables vs. 16x16) and has numerous others that are not available with the XEDE. Christ, the standback connects via USB while the XEDE uses a serial port. Why are you so biased against cp-e?

i am not biased against CP-e, where do you get that idea? josh and jordan will attest to the fact that i want to sell more and more of their products than just the standback. when people call in to place orders I often recommend thier product over some one else's. i am not biased against CP-e. I do have more experience with the XEDE this is true. we've had fantastic results with the XEDE and I am not going to shy away from that. the system works well and we've proven that quite well. I don't think there is any argument against that. to be fair and impartial we have achieved results with the XEDE on the dyno and at the track which people with any other system have yet to duplicate and we have done so without blowing the car to pieces. i'm not saying thats because the XEDE is better. i'm not saying its because we are better tuners. i'm just saying that we've clearly been able to do that here. is it possible we could have done the same with the standback? we've thought about that alot and i'd like to think we can. i just don't have a car here with that level of modification or a standback to play with.

I haven't had the chance to take the CP-e to the same level, simply because we don't have many cars in the area that run it. I'll agree the interface is easier, it does have some options the XEDE does not. You already illustrated that in your post so I didn't see any need to repeat those points. in terms of the things i posted, they are capable of tuning those shared things.

i've defended CP-e in many threads from people like Laloosh, Mrlilguy and others. I've called the people involved in bashing of them and asked them to knock it off. You are in another one of my threads causing drama, yet again, and there is no reason for it. You think I am biased against CP-e, frankly I think you look for any point inconsequential, small, large what have you to pick apart against me or someone who works for/supports me. If you want to contribute to the thread and educate me, you can do it in a professional manner and you know it. You choose not to because I think you are trying to pick a fight where there is none. Tell me I am wrong and give any example where I have ever outright bashed CP-e and I'll gladly bow to that.

Last edited:
i sent this link to CP-e and the admins. if i've said something wrong or crossed the line, they are welcome to tell me and i'll gladly correct myself. to be totally open with people, i've sold more standbacks than XEDEs in the last year and recommended the standback almost every time I am asked to compare in a call or email.

Last edited:
Back