• Eh I love my stock tune don't care

Votes: 4 3.7%
  • I'm trading my MS6 for a Civic

Votes: 2 1.9%

• Total voters

Rican219

:
MazdaSpeed 6
How many people would be interested in the Cobb tunning solution for the MS6 if they release it. I know there are talks about it not happening and only the MS3 guys will be lucky enough to get it....... But I had a conversation with someone today that has a direct link to Cobb and can maybe help sway a decision but I need to show numbers of how many people want it before he will bring it up.

Let me hear ya.

The COBB seems like the only way to control EVERYTHING that has been p*ssing us all off. If they can market it cheaper than the Standback (and I feel really bad to say this cause CP-E has been with us since the beginning) they have the market cornered. Even with stock turbo, the COBB will help.

PLUS, COBB's are all stage tuned, so there is not needing to go to a dyno ... Unless you like that sort of thing.

No sure if you read all of the older posts..but i remember reading somewhere that they said they had no plans on the mazdaspeed6. Something about the fact that it's such a limited production..whereas they are still making speed3's.

-C

No sure if you read all of the older posts..but i remember reading somewhere that they said they had no plans on the mazdaspeed6. Something about the fact that it's such a limited production..whereas they are still making speed3's.

-C
Yes I read that and I stated that before but like I said the contact I have that I spoke to today said that if I can show him the numbers on people serious about buying it that he can push to have something done. This guy is not a nobody so I believe what he says and he has some pull.

I know every1 in the ms6 community hates cobb bc their ignoring us but we should really get on their asses, we need a real tuning solution badly.

yes i would love an ap! i'd rather have that then any other ems out for the ms6

Depending on the cost, I'm all in for a COBB...

What kind of control are we talking about here though, like Everything??

Based on past experience with Cobb stuff on Subarus, and from what I've read about the Cobb AP for the MS3...
if they made one for the MS6 and it cost anywhere around (or less than, of course) $900 I'd buy it today, no doubt about it!

Last edited:
Honestly, this is something you guys can make happen. Get on the horn, email them, have them start a waiting list, etc. They aren't persuing it because they don't think the market is big enough. Prove them wrong...

COBB Tuning
3362 West 1820 South
Salt Lake City, UT 84104

Phone: 801.713.0035
Fax: 801.478.0925

Sales: sales@cobbtuning.com
Technical Support: tech@cobbtuning.com
Service/Installation: service@cobbtuning.com
Dealer/Wholesale: wholesale@cobbtuning.com
Marketing/PR: marketing@cobbtuning.com
Website Administration: web@cobbtuning.com

I'm all for it. I have been waiting for the CPE PnP solution, but this looks waay better. Honestly, I would be willing to pay more than the CPE solution if this ever came to life.

Someone should post a "link" on the "other forum" so we can get this out to the entire community. Don't make 2 polls, cause then we would just get double posts.

Someone correct me if I am wrong, but ....

Can we do our own tuning with the AP? I thought I read somewhere that there is additional software needed for StreetTuner and ProTuner that is not released with the AP. This means, our hands are still tied for people wanting to push the envelope because we either have to wait for Cobb to come out with flashes, or for the additional software.

Someone tell me if I am on the right thinking track.

Either way, it helps me because I am not looking to go radical, and just want a better tune than this factory POS one(even though I am still unflashed).

I'd be in as long as I can customize the tune. I have things done, and am planning on doing things that they likely will not make a map for, but if I can tune the actual ems myself for my application, I'm down.

Well, at least some people at cobb say its still under developement. If none of them said it then there really would be no hope.

Think about it this way. The first di car they have ever done work on is the speed 3. There will likely be some issues at first, especially if you go by their track record. Even the first maps they released for the subbies had problems. "IF" they ever do get around to doing an ap for the speed 6, it will be long after they get things with the disi mzr down to a fine art. The only differences in the speed 6 and speed 3 ecu's they have to worry about is the coding. Hell, it'll even be easier to develope maps since we don't have any limiting factors built into the 1st and 2nd gears to worry about. Also, the tuning software will likely be available by the time they get to us as well.

Think about it this way. The first di car they have ever done work on is the speed 3. There will likely be some issues at first, especially if you go by their track record. Even the first maps they released for the subbies had problems. "IF" they ever do get around to doing an ap for the speed 6, it will be long after they get things with the disi mzr down to a fine art. The only differences in the speed 6 and speed 3 ecu's they have to worry about is the coding. Hell, it'll even be easier to develope maps since we don't have any limiting factors built into the 1st and 2nd gears to worry about. Also, the tuning software will likely be available by the time they get to us as well.
(mswerd)Agreed very well put. I'm not giving up and anyone serious about people some good numbers down shouldn't either. Yes there is an assortment of tunning solutions but this one Is truly plug and play.

Back