HOW TO - MSP Sub/Amp Rack install on a P5

JDM-P5

The Jamaican Sensation
:
2006 Speed6 GT
I originally posted this in the Audio Section....

This is a *Stealth* install, DON'T do it if you are a person that wants everyone to see what you have back there (showoff etc.), but DO it if you like the simple ways of getting a little better sound from a readily available stock part & especially if you don't want those pesky thieves gunning for your boom boom...

....well, I'm the type of person that says, with a little dedication & determination, you can accomplish anything. Well, as a few of you already know, I have the sub/amp rack from the MSP. Well, I had the rack mounted on my cargo floor. Looks cool, but doesn't really work for transporting cargo...or groceries etc., as everything usually goes in the backseat nowadays. Well, thanks to Barry (Jackelope) and a quick look in his MSP trunk, I noticed that I might be able to mount the amp/rack in the back of the P5 just like how you'd be able to mount it in the sedan version. Now, there's other options, such as mouting it directly to your seats, BUT, you lose 60/40...not very appealing...so this was the route I took. Also, go figure, you can't fit the damn brackets for the MSP sub/amp rack w/out doing a little cutting of the plastic paneling. Well, that's where the Dremel came in handy...see pics.
Enjoy my genius...and if you've already done this....kudos to you also...but please let me bask in my glory. Sounds great back there too...no rattles!
-Phil
I have a completely functional trunk once again....w/the use of 60/40 rear bench seat. YAY for experimentation...like watching those 2 chics go down on each other when you were college.

PICS:
(During/After)
cimg0512pq0.jpg

cimg0513mu0.jpg

cimg0514qt8.jpg

cimg0515ys4.jpg

cimg0518ou1.jpg

cimg0611rl7.jpg

cimg0615tr2.jpg

Last edited:
Awesome, I actually got the stock MSP setup from a friend to put in my 01 ES sedan. Going to install in this Sat! So excited.

I did. Its in and works great. :) All we had to do for modification was cut the wall carpet stuff, and drill new holes in the brackets so it'd fit with the speakers that are in the rear window area.

Here's what I have...start to finish.
Model is my bf, and then my hand holding the power cable.
Lots of em, sorry to stretch the page so far.

_DCN0005.jpg

_DCN0008.jpg

_DCN0009.jpg

_DCN0024-1.jpg

_DCN0031.jpg

_DCN0025.jpg

_DCN0026.jpg

_DCN0027.jpg

_DCN0033.jpg

_DCN0036.jpg

_DCN0037.jpg

_DCN0038.jpg

_DCN0001.jpg

_DCN0002.jpg

_DCN0003.jpg

_DCN0004.jpg

Last edited:
uhh... thanks for sharing pics of your install, but how is this a "how-to" when neither of you wrote exactly how you did it?

Did this on my 02 ES today while keeping the factory rear deck speakers. I drilled out the holes on the brackets a bit so I had more play at the top between the deck and the magnets on the rear speakers. Aside from that, easy install. Hopefully get it wired up tomorrow and I'm good to go!

Awesome! Easy isn't it? I think the hardest part was getting the wiring all done. Drilling the hole to the battery...

Back