thunder header

Tzar177

Contributor
installed the header 2 weeks ago and since then i've thrown the cel code p0140 twice. i've read around and some say the code means the 02 sensor is dead and someone said it may be cuz the 02 sensor bung is too long and thus not enuf exhuast gas gettin to the sensor. anyone got more info on this?

ya installing the header removed the first cat and being that the second o2 sensor is after that cat it looks for a different signal to tell you if your cat is bad so what you need to do is look up the how to on these forums to do the o2 sensor cel fix.
basicly you cut some wires soder in some resistors and a diode and vwalla no cell did it on mine when i did hte header havent had problem since

LOOK IT UP

later
z

Tzar177 said:
i thought the bung was the cel fix tho.....

what bung the one were it installs that just puts it in there it dosent change antthing other than you dont have a cat now
later
z

Tzar177 said:
i thought the bung was the cel fix tho.....

it's supposed to be... had mine for 6 months and no problem so far. good thing too cause i bought mine used. if you got yours new, email the company you bought it from explaining the problem. if you got it used give them a email anyways, can't hurt. the retailers name should be in the forums just gotta do a search.

bump. im gettin some loud buzzing/vibrating type noise in 2nd and 3rd gears above 3000rpms. seems like its coming from right side of car....maybe underneath

I get that too, but sounds like on the left. and I feel it in the floor. ( no header installed )
and its only when i have the gas down all the way and when i get above 3K in 2ed gear.

the thunder header has a built in cel fix, your o2 sensor might be dead. im not for sure but i think the first gen. of the thunder headers didn't have the fix, you might have that one maybe, but it's probably your o2 sensor.

I get that too, but sounds like on the left. and I feel it in the floor. ( no header installed )
and its only when i have the gas down all the way and when i get above 3K in 2ed gear.

I can rev pretty high when at idle and i hear no buzzing/vibrating....its only while driving. Do you get any sounds revin' at idle?

I can rev pretty high when at idle and i hear no buzzing/vibrating....its only while driving. Do you get any sounds revin' at idle?

no I don't. I can hit the limiter when idle. (not good to do) but I only get that vibrating when driving. and its seems like its only in mid/top of 2ed gear, sometimes low of third depends how fast i accelerate.

my downpipe is resting up against the bottom of the engine....should it be like this or should it clear

i guess my 2nd sensor is dead? or the bung is too long? i have gotten the "no activity" cel 6 times now in 3 weeks time. and i just got p1170 "HO2S Bank 1 Sensor 1 Circuit Fixed (Bank 1 Sensor 1)" .....what does this one mean?

this cel is driving me crazy!!! its came on every day this weekend. p0140. guess i'll be ordering a new o2 sensor.....sigh

Back