Another motor mount failure!! possible class action suit against Mazda

Red02LS1

As posted on the other major Mazda 3 forum, my motor mount bolt backed out, and failed, even after the dealer previously checked that the bolt was torqued to spec according to prior service records. The dealership is putting the car back to the same configuration as it was before the failure, so who's to say it won't happen again, even if I were to put the stock rear mount back into place. There is no TSB or recall in the US reguarding this issue. I have 15,000 miles on the car right now, and who knows if the car will ever be 100% like it was pre-failure. What if I am out of warranty a year from now, and some other problem occurs with the vehicle as a result of the engine falling. The last thing I want to happen is driving down the highway at 70mph, having the mount fail, and end up in a fatal accident. Not saying this will happen, but its possible.

I think we have enough people on this board that the bolt has either backed out, or engine has dropped to start something, and hopefully make Mazda recognize the severity of this problem. I will be contacting several lawyers in the next few days. It erks me when I talk to the NHTSA and they tell me Mazda doesn't want to issue a recall in the us.

IMG_0837.jpg

IMG_0838.jpg

IMG_0839.jpg

IMG_0840.jpg

Last edited:
Recalls coming brother................. Damn you didn't even break a CV joint.......... Or did you.

Hell i like this s*** i think its funny. Yes i had my fail also. I still have yet to see about all the mazdaspeed parts they are going to GIVE me.

Damn i just caught the last part of your posting. Really NHTSA said no to the recall huh..................... Call me when your ready to sue, daddy needs a new car...........:D

should've waited a few months befor egetting the ms3

i think mazda is very much like microsoft and the MS3 is very much like Windows Millenium Edition...

you get my point?

Do you ever tracked (1/4 mile) or launch the car from a stop on he streets? What is the cost of something like this if it WAS out of warranty? If this isn't fixed before my 3 year/36,000 mile warranty is up i'll have to get the extended warranty so it will be covered after the 36K warranty

Last edited:
Red02LS1 said:
It erks me when I talk to the NHTSA and they tell me Mazda doesn't want to issue a recall in the us.

I find it hard to believe that there will be no recall in the future for the MS3 in the states considering the recall that was just released less than a week ago in Japan, no matter what NHTSA say's, it'll just think it'll take a little time.

Alejo_NIN said:
i think mazda is very much like microsoft and the MS3 is very much like Windows Millenium Edition...

Ouch!! My Mazdas perform much better than Windows. *knock on wood*

Any MS3 drivers ever think of using a little Loctite in their motor mount bolts?

Damn! At least you have a record of having it looked at by the dealer. That should go a long way in getting it fixed and obtaining some type of amendment to the warranty if you do pursue legal action.

The dealers only say they're inspecting it when they're not even removing the battery. They're probably checking it on the lift which is very easy to do
and requires hardly any effort on their part. Without a tsb or recall, it's very unlikely they'll go through the necessary steps to check it correctly. I'm not saying they all are like that but I'm willing to bet the majority are.

So far at least 4 (including myself) people on the other forum have been told the work was done when with a little detective work, the evidence pointed to the opposite.

The only way to know for sure if the bolt was checked is to either check it yourself (very easy to do), or stand and look at the dealer while they work on it.

Back