Rota D2's and Megan Springs installed...

chuyler1

goes to eleven
:
2013 CX-9
Getting the 18x8 D2s on was a chore. I had to grind down the calipers in the front, taking off about 1/4" of material from the outer edge. Installing the Megans took longer than expected. Getting the spring compressors on and off of the front springs was painfull, especially since we didn't have an impact wrench to quickly tighten the compressors. There was major rubbing in the back. I have removed the wheels 3 times so far to roll the fenders. I think I've got it down now. The Megans, as previously discussed, don't do well under load in the rear. They tuck with a full tank and someone in the back. For $100 what can you expect though? I'll prolly upgrade to RPMs or coilovers when I have more funds. As far as ride quality goes, it basically feels like stock unless you run out of suspension travel. That has only happened once and I used to run out with the stock suspension to...its a dip in the road I usually try to avoid but I had to give it a shot once to test the rubbing.

Anyway, if there are other questions feel free to ask...otherwise here are some photos...

IMG_5007.jpg

IMG_5008.jpg

IMG_5012.jpg

IMG_5009.jpg

IMG_5018.jpg

IMG_5019.jpg

Thanks. Although its a little low for my taste, I think it really fixes the look of the car.

No I didn't take measurements. Did you cut your bump stops? Most likely you are riding on them if you didn't which would make it sit higher.

Looks good. I actually considered getting D2's for the Honda for street use before I picked up a daily driver.

But anyway, your car looks very sexy. Really sets off the sleek lines of the car.

looks awesome. a little low, but as you said, they were only $100 and you'll prob want to switch them out when you start scraping stuff. lol

hmm.....so why did you have to grind the calipers down? because of the 18x8 rotas? What was the offset on the rotas? I just ordered a set of 18X8 exel ennios with a 45 offset and 225 45 R18 bf goodrich g-force. Am I screwed, cus these suckers are gonna be here on Tuesday. Looks good though. Let me know!

Only reason I had to grind the calipers was because the inner diameter of the wheel (where the faux rivits are) was too narrow to fit over the calipers. This design is basically like a 16" wheel whith a 2" lip. The original SSR rims that these are a replica of actually fit on with no grinding since the lip isn't as wide.

good thing. you had me scared there. nice lookin' ride though. i'll post s ome pics as soon as I get mine installed

chuyler1 said:
You know I love to come over and grind Josh :)
Umm okay. Whatever floats your boat. :)

Now, the wheels look awesome!. I know you have been struglling with chioce.

Great job!

Back