mspeedP5 Auto-X Report

mspeedP5

Contributor
:
'02 Protege5
So what happens when a lone P5 goes up against a Corvette, a Bimmer, a bunch of Skylines, Subaru's, Miata's, Honda's, Nissan's, a Porsche Turbo, a Mini Cooper S and a smattering of others?

They all get schooled! :D
I had an excellent day, the weather was great, the track was excellent, the car was running just awesome, the Hoosiers were sticking like velcro and I was in the zone. My 4th run (out of 6) was my FTD.

Here's the final results:
http://www.victoriamotorsports.ca/Content/SpringSeries2_Apr29_noDP_raw.txt

Here's the video of my FTD:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YXSRRDnPzmA

Wow.

I dont really know too much about autoX, save for it's about the twistys, and maybe you can convince folks it's safer because you dont tend to shift from second gear....I saw a big parking lot here full of cones a while back. That info combined with your vid sure makes one want to at least try it once...

On another note, the car sounds like a beast. Gonna search for your dyno numbers. I kept reading through your sig thinking of what made it sound like that..."motor mounts?" nah.., exhaust? nah "MAM STREET SLEEPER TURBO" + FORGED ENGINE + management ... BINGO!
Congrats on the run.

Good post mate. Definitely neat to get a feel for a turbo p5..... (2.9k until car is paid off = more money to mod!)

--jason

Great run! Very smooth.

Wish i could get my hoosiers to stick.........(somebody help!!)

NICE JOB! Thats one thing I like about autoX, its not about how fast or flashy your car is. Way to reprezent the mazda fam!!

Just watched the vid, and I LOVE THAT COARSE DESIGN! Looks like a fun fast coarse. I just got into AutoX and did my first one a couple weekends ago(my sig pic) and I placed 7th out of 21 with alot of good compatition.

mazdaspeed777 said:
Thats one thing I like about autoX, its not about how fast ... your car is.
Although it does help ;)

Good run dude, congrats! Now, was that fastest raw of fastest pax time?

Here's the link to all the results for the year.
http://www.victoriamotorsports.ca/results.htm
Looking at the "Best Time" results for each event so far, you can see where I stood running on street tires. I knew once the track/weather conditions improved and I could get out the Hooters, I'd be in much better shape, but I really surprised myself this past weekend! :)

NMMotorsport said:
sweet vid!, ive never heard that waste gate chatter sound on anything but scoobs and lancers etc, sound wicked!

you mean BOV wastegates dont chatter, they just sound like s*** when they dump exhaust into the atmosphere

Oh yeah, I should mention that I had a remote mike for the camcorder mounted in the engine bay... :D

HAHAHA, well that explains the noise, I thought it was loud as well. Man only 205 Hoosiers? :D Your turbo wants BIGGER!!! hehehe

khaosman said:
HAHAHA, well that explains the noise, I thought it was loud as well. Man only 205 Hoosiers? :D Your turbo wants BIGGER!!! hehehe

Haha, we'll see when it's time to replace them! ;)

Hey man nice run one day you have to get to the mainland and race with the VCMC so im not the only pro5 racing. I'm racing so i can keep the urge off the street. That or i will have to make a weekend of it and come over to the island.

Back